Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World-Ranked Junior Welterweight Michel Rivera Signs With Salita Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Rivera is like the Caleb Plant of Salita Promotions ffs man lol. Salita only has a few guys whove even fought on non-shobox level cards before this DAZN deal. This is a huge get for him.

Rivera IS probably lost in the shuffle at the weight, but not on Salita Promotions. Rivera is a guy he can put in a main event fight 3 or 4 times a yr.

If Salita was a Al, Bob or Eddie pick up I'd agree hes gonna get lost in the shuffle with their rosters, but Rivera probably got flower petals thrown in front of him to go sign this Salita deal.
    What I meant by Rivera getting lost in the shuffle, is that once he is given those 2-4 main event fights, he's going to catch at least 2, if not three losses.
    That will cause no more cards to be flipped for him to be on any more main event fight's, and he'll at that point be lost in the shuffle.
    He's just not as good as the other rated/main event fighters in the 140 pound weight division, within the next 2 year's I'm either going to be proven right or wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

What I meant by Rivera getting lost in the shuffle, is that once he is given those 2-4 main event fights, he's going to catch at least 2, if not three losses.
      That will cause no more cards to be flipped for him to be on any more main event fight's, and he'll at that point be lost in the shuffle.
      He's just not as good as the other rated/main event fighters in the 140 pound weight division, within the next 2 year's I'm either going to be proven right or wrong!
      You have bold expectations on who Salita will put him up against or you don't even see him as a top 20ish guy. Idk which one you believe but assume its one or both.

I think hes FOR SURE a top 20ish guy. If I'm wrong hes maybe just top 30ish. Adorno (lost to Elvis & EDLS since) & Lipnents (lost to Boots & Mikey) are solid wins. Non-top 20ish or better guys wouldnt get pass those 2 usually. I expect Salita will match him up with that level of guy (max) for at least his first or first few fights before they take a leap at bigger things.

Salita kills it with guys like this. Dude has pushed Jermaine Franklin & Big Baby fights for yeaaaaaars & thoses dudes are no better than top 20 HWs & that could be argued as an optimistic take lol. He gots several guys whos names I cant pronounce hes been pushing for years that would fall into that top 20 ceiling while not having reached it yet.

And Rivera is 26 not 36. There is potential for him to improve his faults still so he could lose a couple fights & still have a future. And I say this as a guy not very impressed with Rivera early on OR now, but this guy for sure is gonna win more fights than hes losing with Salita unless hes just half assing it or has other bs going on outside of boxing that fooks up his trajectory.
      Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

You have bold expectations on who Salita will put him up against or you don't even see him as a top 20ish guy. Idk which one you believe but assume its one or both.

I think hes FOR SURE a top 20ish guy. If I'm wrong hes maybe just top 30ish. Adorno (lost to Elvis & EDLS since) & Lipnents (lost to Boots & Mikey) are solid wins. Non-top 20ish or better guys wouldnt get pass those 2 usually. I expect Salita will match him up with that level of guy (max) for at least his first or first few fights before they take a leap at bigger things.

Salita kills it with guys like this. Dude has pushed Jermaine Franklin & Big Baby fights for yeaaaaaars & thoses dudes are no better than top 20 HWs & that could be argued as an optimistic take lol. He gots several guys whos names I cant pronounce hes been pushing for years that would fall into that top 20 ceiling while not having reached it yet.

And Rivera is 26 not 36. There is potential for him to improve his faults still so he could lose a couple fights & still have a future. And I say this as a guy not very impressed with Rivera early on OR now, but this guy for sure is gonna win more fights than hes losing with Salita unless hes just half assing it or has other bs going on outside of boxing that fooks up his trajectory.
        That was actually a good break down of Salita Productions, and Michel Rivera.
        Rivera has a good record, but it's his propensity for getting knocked down by a couple of his opponent's that causes me to rule him out of becoming a major player in this game!
        Usually if you can get dropped you can get stopped, and he hasn't faced the true assassins of the sport yet!
        Once he does it'll be Frazier 1, Norton 1, Spinks 1, Berbick, and Holmes, all over again for the latest version, or so called version of Ali!
        Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

That was actually a good break down of Salita Productions, and Michel Rivera.
          Rivera has a good record, but it's his propensity for getting knocked down by a couple of his opponent's that causes me to rule him out of becoming a major player in this game!
          Usually if you can get dropped you can get stopped, and he hasn't faced the true assassins of the sport yet!
          Once he does it'll be Frazier 1, Norton 1, Spinks 1, Berbick, and Holmes, all over again for the latest version, or so called version of Ali!
          I would agree. By no means do I think he becomes a major player at 140, but I think hes a guy Salita can put on as a main or comain guy vs top 50 guys in smaller venues like he usually does, like PBC has been doing with David Morrell these last few yrs for an example, & get him some W's vs some decent guys before throwing him in with bigger name guy where he'll probably come up short.

Ideally if I was Salita I'd probably cleverly move him for 3-5 fights that get him up in the rankings for a mando fight, belt fight or most favorably a vacant belt fight vs some unknown guy from Uruguay or Peru that he may just win lol.

Comment

The BoxRec Promoter Bronx2245, has spoken, and I send the motion's that he petitioned.
            That said I think that all four of those fighters would beat him, and there are a few more that can be added to that list at 140!
            We don't know what Ramirez looks like anymore? I haven't been impressed with Barboza Jr. either. I think Hitchins is a 50/50 fight, and of course Matias destroys him!!!

Comment

Ramirez hasn't fought in a year, and only once per year for the last 4 years. They say it was due to managerial difficulties, but he has one of the best resume's in the 140 pound division. Michel Rivera doesn't even com e close to Ramirez's record, and would get beat decisively by Ram! Arnold Barboza, is undefeated, but he's nothing special, but can still defeat Rivera, by just out working him. Hitchins simply washes him, and Matias completely demolishes him! Michel Rivera just isn't an elite level fighter period!

Comment

Working...
              X