Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World-Ranked Junior Welterweight Michel Rivera Signs With Salita Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: World-Ranked Junior Welterweight Michel Rivera Signs With Salita Promotions

Salita Promotions has signed top super lightweight contender Michel "La Zarza Ali" Rivera to a long-term deal, adding a crown jewel to one of boxing's most talented stables of up-and-coming fighters
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too bad Matias and Hitchins have fights lined up! Would love to see him fight Barboza Jr. or Jose Ramirez!
    Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Michel Rivera is going to get lost in the shuffle, because he's not that good. He's going to start running into rated fighters, and start ranking up losses!

Comment

Rivera is a good pickup for Salita. Salita has had 2 DAZN shows in 2mos. If he gots a 12 show a year deal hes gonna need some more main event caliber guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
          Michel Rivera is going to get lost in the shuffle, because he's not that good. He's going to start running into rated fighters, and start ranking up losses!
          I think he has good skills. That one loss he has he was off that night.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

He does have some good skills, but when you get dropped as many times as he has, that makes his chin suspect.
            There are a lot more heavier hitters in the division than the two fighters who've dropped him, and he's going to find that out in the very near future!
            Last edited by Boricua181; 03-15-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Too bad Matias and Hitchins have fights lined up! Would love to see him fight Barboza Jr. or Jose Ramirez!
              The BoxRec Promoter Bronx2245, has spoken, and I send the motion's that he petitioned.
              That said I think that all four of those fighters would beat him, and there are a few more that can be added to that list at 140!

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
                Rivera is like the Caleb Plant of Salita Promotions ffs man lol. Salita only has a few guys whove even fought on non-shobox level cards before this DAZN deal. This is a huge get for him.

Rivera IS probably lost in the shuffle at the weight, but not on Salita Promotions. Rivera is a guy he can put in a main event fight 3 or 4 times a yr.

If Salita was a Al, Bob or Eddie pick up I'd agree hes gonna get lost in the shuffle with their rosters, but Rivera probably got flower petals thrown in front of him to go sign this Salita deal.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Maybe it was weight, but I think Martin was just a level above him more so than it being an off -night

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Maybe it was weight, but I think Martin was just a level above him more so than it being an off -night
                    Martin got great skills but I have seen Rivera jab better and stay away. Only the future will tell...

Comment

Working...
                    X