Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Japanese Boxing Commission Plan Investigation Into The Death Of Kazuki Anaguchi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Japanese Boxing Commission Plan Investigation Into The Death Of Kazuki Anaguchi

The Japanese Boxing Commission (JBC) will open an accident investigation looking into the death of Kazuki Anaguchi following his Japanese bantamweight title fight against Seiya Tsutsumi
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's always tough to see a fighter fall, and that's just as a fan, not a family member or personal friend. It obviously cuts deeper for them.

He was defeated and beaten bad the last few rounds. It couldve been stopped, and most folks wouldn't have argued probably. But he was fighting back still.

It wasnt quite as clear as Matias v Dadashev. Then Dadashev had 0% power in his shots, and was clearly dead on his feet for the last few rounds. I was saying that ought to be stopped at least 3 rounds earlier when that was clear.

I'll be iinterested to see what new rules or guidelines or recommendations they propose.
    Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 03-15-2024, 12:26 PM.
    pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

It was heartbreaking hearing the news of Anaguchi's passing. Boxing is not a game to be played in jest. It is serious business and needs to be treated as such. My sincerest sympathies and thoughts go out to the family and friends who were affected by this tragedy.
      It's hard to say whether the fight should've been stopped or not and there are always two sides to the argument with valid points. The word warrior is overused in today's society but these competitors are truly warriors who put their lives on the line every time they step into the ring. RIP Kazuki.
      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas drablj drablj like this.

Comment

I was shocked they didn't immediately get the guy onto a stretcher and get him out of there. It was really hard watching him stagger as they left the ring. Incredibly slow response by the team.

Comment

RIP.
          It was a great fight to watch and he really gave it too. I thought he was still promising. But then he got the Dadashev treatment afterwards. It really was disturbing. This is the first I heard he had died. Likewise I hope the Japanese use different protocols. I see this in small venues still. Mainly Mexico.
          Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Condolences to this kid and his loved ones. This brings me back 10 years ago to an argument with some idiot in these threads, laughing at me because I said the ref exists not only to enforce rules but to keep boxers from inflicting lethal damage on each other, essentially to keep them from killing themselves. You don't play boxing.
            Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              I was shocked they didn't immediately get the guy onto a stretcher and get him out of there. It was really hard watching him stagger as they left the ring. Incredibly slow response by the team.
              This was the problem imho.

You could tell he'd get hurt bad at various times in the fight but he ALWAYS came back quick or the next rd so idk that this fight could've been stopped with him never being hurt hurt where a ref stoppage was the move.

But the fact he got basically carried back to the locker room by his team is inexcusable. They needed medical ppl in the ring immediately after that fight just due to how hard a fight it was (Dana White is a greedy pos with UFC guys & $$$, but I've seen him numerous times make sure medical ppl were immediately on fighters in hard fights when the bell rung, thats the type of guy Kazuki needed looking out for him that night), but esp when he appeared to have some kind of seizure or something in the moments right after the fight.

RIP to this bad mfer.

Comment

Japanese boxing hand wraps was the culprit imho

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                  Japanese boxing hand wraps was the culprit imho
                  lol what a dumb opinion by someone who don't understand their talking about and probably never have wrapped your hands and boxed.

Comment

Working...
                  X