No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Saudi Arabia's Millions Are 'Ruining' Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch: Saudi Arabia's Millions Are 'Ruining' Boxing

Carl Froch fears boxing is being "ruined" by the millions of pounds it is accepting from Saudi Arabia
    [Click Here To Read More]

Froch almost gets it.It all depends how money is used.

Comment

Oh, so the Saudis' money is ruining boxing because they are not going into BBBoC? The Saudis are giving their money for legitimate boxing fights to those who they think deserve it. What happens to the fighters after they retire with millions in their pockets is nothing to be taken care of, nor the money they make should go for other fighters and whatever. "It is a prize fighting", remember? What ruins boxing in the face of Saudi Arabia is them setting of too high financial expectations for the fighters, making them less active by not taking any risks that could compromise all of this.
      Last edited by fifth_root; 03-15-2024, 11:25 AM.

Comment

indeed its prize fighting and Froch is right about some things, but, but he could come out of his retirement and fight Calzaghe in Saudi Arabia, if the offer is good enough for both?

Comment

The only thing I can't stand about the Saudi's getting involved is a lot of these fights are oddly being shown when the sun is still shining and it's fookin weird. I liked the late night fights especially the old school days of Jim Lampley and what's with having flipping commercials during a boxing match? That's the stuff that needs changed and filtered out. No more ESPN BS. DAZN isn't bad. Be just fine if they hired Lamps, Max Kellerman (Larry is a bit too old for the role) and maybe bring Roy back the old HBO crew and show the fights later in the evening. It's just not cool having my main event ring walk at 5pm. Something about that just sucks. Aside from that the Saudi's are doing us all a favor by forcing these divas into a match by offering them money they can't refuse.

Comment

Wouldnt say "ruining" but things do need to be reined in a little. Saudi hosting 3 of the last 5 AJ fights + Furys last and next fight is way too much especially considering the stuff they're getting from other sports as well.
            shwaap shwaap likes this.

Comment

I don't know....we are seeing some fights that wouldn't have been made otherwise. At some point even that amount of money won't be enough.
              Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

"...top fighters only think about one thing and that’s themselves." Spot on, Carl! How dare these top fighters risk their lives in the ring, just to only take care of themselves and their families! Clearly, they should be donating some their hard-earned money to the BBoC, who in turn would be sure to supplement care for those less fortunate boxers.

Comment

Its easy to point fingers but which retired or sick fighter has Froch helped with the millions he got paid while fighting? And again i dont understand when people say retired fighters need to be taking care of. They earn millions and they should rather manage their money very well. They live a lavish lifestyle while fighting and a few years after retirement go broke which is nobodies business.

Comment

Carl is on point completely , I hope something can be done to save our great sport and it's true warriors.
                    kahlilacp kahlilacp likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X