No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Says Tim Tszyu Is 'Something Special'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Vergil was the mandatory for Crawford and pulled himself from the position to duck the fight. He and his team wanted nothing to do with Crawford.

Stop lying.
    Show me where that’s true. Never heard of that. Last I recall, he was calling for the Crawford fight in the ring interview after beating Mo Hooker, no?
    Last edited by Topdogggbm; 03-13-2024, 06:37 PM.

Comment

One time was good one time

Comment

Virgil? Crawford would easily handle him as he would anybody - until someone shows me any different, Crawford cant be beat

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Vergil was the mandatory for Crawford and pulled himself from the position to duck the fight. He and his team wanted nothing to do with Crawford.

Stop lying.
          Sure buddy and you probably believe that Canelois ducking Crawford.

You probably believe Ennis doesn't want to fight Crawford either. Crawford gave up the belt rather than defend it, Ennis was THE MANDATORY.

Vergil went an tried to fight Stanionis for the Regula WBA cause Crawford was busy chasing Errol.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

Show me where that’s true. Never heard of that. Last I recall, he was calling for the Crawford fight in the ring interview after beating Mo Hooker, no?
            All you have to do is type it into a search engine. This is well known though?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

You probably believe Ennis doesn't want to fight Crawford either. Crawford gave up the belt rather than defend it, Ennis was THE MANDATORY.

Vergil went an tried to fight Stanionis for the Regula WBA cause Crawford was busy chasing Errol.
              I don't think Canelo is ducking Crawford. He's too busy ducking Benavidez.

Neither Crawford or Ennis want to face each other. When Crawford has spoken about being willing to take the fight, Ennis and his team don't want to know. When Crawford has played the fight down and doesn't seem interested in it, Ennis and his team pipe up. They're ducking each other. They're happy if they go their separate ways.

When the mandatory for a title, you enforce your position. Vergil did the opposite when the mandatory was called. He actually turned it down and was then removed for refusal. Don't try and rewrite history now. That information can be found if you type it into a search engine. There's loads of video's of people talking about it too from a couple of years ago.

By the way, Vergil only wanted Stanionis because he would have been out of the ring for over a year by the time the fight came along. You know, like they're all doing so over the pond when looking for their opposition. It's just wall to wall of inactive fighters. Drained. Shot. Coming from a loss etc etc... All to gain an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Man Bud is 36 years old going on 37 and just made 25+ million for Spence fight. End of the day this is prize fighting business he's not going to come off of that and fight Ennis for 2-3 million dollars when he has other better options and arguably harder fights. Ennis gotta fight Cody going to purse bid and Crawford is going up to 154-168 depending on who.
                factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

Let me answer this honestly.

Virgil was in fact Crawford's mandatory and GB could have pressed and didn't...that happened. Personally, I wasn't surprised, Oscar builds fights and in Munguia's case, creates them out of thin air. Like it or not, Ortiz was too young and he hadn't fought anyone close to the skill level, IQ of killer instincts as Crawford.

This is the deal, Virgil Ortiz has a great chance to being the next great Mexican, he has an exciting style and if he can keeps winning he can be the next 20 million+ fighter.
                  Just look at what Oscar did with Canelo, Oscar built Canelo's career fighting the right fights at the right time. The only fight that Oscar regrets was putting Canelo in with Floyd when he did. Throwing Ortiz in at a young age with a killer like Crawford would have been reckless and ****** and that's why Golden-boy never pursued the fight.

Oscar has bigger plans for Ortiz and he wasn't going to risk ruining him against a prime killer like Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                  X