Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: The Best Thing I Can Do Is Get Back to the Gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sad that the Saudis were ripped off million of $ for this moron fight. The media is mainly responsible for this match bcause they played so many unfounded stories about this bout. The reality was an inexperienced boxer was overmatched against a well trained former champion.

Comment

Eddie finally got up off Canelo's shlong. He's bobbing up and down on AJ's now.

Comment

All credit to AJ he’s rebuilt his brand through hard work and dedication to the craft he knows the key to success is consistency and staying active and he looks to be enjoying himself it’s awesome.

Comment

It doesn't seem like Fury, Usyk, Zhang or Parker would be available for Joshua to fight in a
          the next six to eight months anyway.

A fight with Hrgovic would make sense. Joshua beats him. He'd be too much for Jared Anderson too.

Frank Sanchez would be pretty tricky.

JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
            Joshua should rematch Parker after the Zhang II.. Or, better go for Hrgovic. The option for him now is really thin.

If he wants to go in the direction of money and the fight that may interest fans, he should look at the direction of Wilder. There's still money in that fight
            I think AJ has a lot of options. Hgrovic is the most obvious. From a money making point of view I think AJ vs the winner of Wardley-Clarke does good business in the UK same with AJ-Dubois - a good fight.

I'd like to see Martin Bakole get active and fight more - if he gets more active he can be a serious threat to all.

Same with Frank Sanchez - but he will be avoided by most.

landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Hrgovic will only fight AJ if the title gets stripped from the Usyk-Fury winner over the rematch. Seeing how that match does not happen until May and any decision to strip the winner will not happen immediately, I doubt Hrgovic is an option for the summertime unless things happen a TON faster than we usually see.

Sanchez and DuBois have been mentioned on this thread. I think Sanchez is a little tricky and does not supply a big name, but I would love to see that. DuBois makes sense. He has a well known name, is coming off his biggest win, is a challenge, but is flawed. I think that is a decent scrap and fits Joshua's goal of staying active.

Wilder? You can still promote the KO power to the public, and it is probably still the biggest money maker out there. He looks past his sell by date, but boy there is the danger he comes in motivated to go out on a huge win. It is still an interesting fight.

As an Usyk fan, I have zero desire to see a third match up. Usyk has nothing to prove with AJ having dominated him twice. If Usyk survives back to back with Fury I hope he can retire undefeated and with the respect he will have earned. If Fury wins? All in on Joshua/Fury if Fury wants it. That would be a fun fight, especially if Joshua ends up with the IBF belt.

Comment

Maybe we see AJ vs Wilder now… while waiting on Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
                  Needs to be a good opponent next. I totally understood the need to rebuild his confidence, reputation and perhaps work on a few things. But it's served it's purpose now. A Top 15 opponent next I hope. Hrgovic, Parker if he becomes available, Dubois, Kabayel, Anderson, Sanchez.

When's the 5v5 thing? AJ-Dubois makes sense.
                  If the plan is to make it a PPV, then Joshua/Dubois would make a great main event.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                    Hrgovic will only fight AJ if the title gets stripped from the Usyk-Fury winner over the rematch. Seeing how that match does not happen until May and any decision to strip the winner will not happen immediately, I doubt Hrgovic is an option for the summertime unless things happen a TON faster than we usually see.

Sanchez and DuBois have been mentioned on this thread. I think Sanchez is a little tricky and does not supply a big name, but I would love to see that. DuBois makes sense. He has a well known name, is coming off his biggest win, is a challenge, but is flawed. I think that is a decent scrap and fits Joshua's goal of staying active.

Wilder? You can still promote the KO power to the public, and it is probably still the biggest money maker out there. He looks past his sell by date, but boy there is the danger he comes in motivated to go out on a huge win. It is still an interesting fight.

As an Usyk fan, I have zero desire to see a third match up. Usyk has nothing to prove with AJ having dominated him twice. If Usyk survives back to back with Fury I hope he can retire undefeated and with the respect he will have earned. If Fury wins? All in on Joshua/Fury if Fury wants it. That would be a fun fight, especially if Joshua ends up with the IBF belt.
                    It shouldn't take too long for the IBF to figure out whether they're going to strip Fury/Usyk. Team Hrgovic should already be requesting the IBF to order their mandatory straight after Fury/Usyk 1.
                    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                      It doesn't seem like Fury, Usyk, Zhang or Parker would be available for Joshua to fight in a
                      the next six to eight months anyway.

A fight with Hrgovic would make sense. Joshua beats him. He'd be too much for Jared Anderson too.

Frank Sanchez would be pretty tricky.
                      The Saudis should try to make a match-up between Bakole/Kabayel/Sanchez. All three have victories on Riyadh cards, so give them another opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X