Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Ennis vs Crowley heading to purse bid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
    I agree. But it's looking like Ennis team is trying to hit many birds in one stone. They want someone ranked, but beatable; want to get paid decently (cash out/in), want it on separate card, want it on a mainstream platform, etc.
    I haven't been reading everything, but did he really demand the fight to headline a card? That's a foolish requirement.

Comment

Because it’s a good fight with two really good boxers who have zero fans and zero skills at “selling a fight.”

Boxing fans rather pay for a mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I haven't been reading everything, but did he really demand the fight to headline a card? That's a foolish requirement.
        Heard it from Ennis himself somewhere (preference to headlining over fighting on undercards). But I don't think they have much choice at this time of great need. They have to accept whatever is offered if activity is what matters above everything else.
        Last edited by jqSide; 03-26-2024, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
          Heard it from Ennis himself somewhere (preference to headlining over fighting on undercards). But I don't think they have much choice at this time of great need. They have to accept whatever is offered if activity is what matters above everything else.
          If he sued his promoter because they couldn't uphold the stipulations of the contract, then activity better be important. Ennis is becoming the new Andrade.

Comment

Capture.jpg
            Can we just move on from this damn match-up?
            I'd be surprised if they don't at this point.

Comment

Fight will probably get scrapped.

Any NSB news article about this?

Comment

Check out the Ring article about the lawsuit that just got settled. He hasn't received a single fight offer since the passing of the guy who originally owned the promotion company, and they failed to come to an agreement with Crowley's promoter.

https://www.ringtv.com/667163-jaron-...ith-prejudice/

Looks like he's had major promotional issues. I've been thinking this whole time that his promoter sucks. I wish there was more info on what the settlement was though, and whether he's now a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  Check out the Ring article about the lawsuit that just got settled. He hasn't received a single fight offer since the passing of the guy who originally owned the promotion company, and they failed to come to an agreement with Crowley's promoter.

https://www.ringtv.com/667163-jaron-...ith-prejudice/

Looks like he's had major promotional issues. I've been thinking this whole time that his promoter sucks. I wish there was more info on what the settlement was though, and whether he's now a free agent.
                  The first sentence of the article implies that he's now a free agent.

It seems like Ennis waited to sue his promotional company after Dunkin died; why didn't he do this sooner if activity was so important to him? Many fighters weren't active during the pandemic because there was no crowds and shrinking budgets, and it's not like NOW boxing was a big-time company. Ennis was mostly at the mercy of SHO, and just look at the rampant inactivity of the fighters associated with them. When you add on the the fact that Ennis is a high-risk low-reward fighter....and it makes sense why his promoter couldn't keep him as active as the contract stipulated. I understand Team Ennis must do what's necessary in order to move on with his career, but suing the widow of your promoter (and ask for $1 million) is just weak.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 03-27-2024, 07:51 PM.

Comment

The first sentence of the article implies that he's now a free agent.

It seems like Ennis waited to sue his promotional company after Dunkin died; why didn't he do this sooner if activity was so important to him? Many fighters weren't active during the pandemic because there was no crowds and no shrinking budgets, and it's not like NOW boxing was a big-time company. Ennis was mostly at the mercy of SHO, and just look at the rampant inactivity of the fighters associated with them. When you add on the the fact that Ennis is a high-risk low-reward fighter....and it makes sense why his promoter couldn't keep him as active as the contract stipulated. I understand Team Ennis must do what's necessary in order to move on with his career, but suing the widow of your promoter (and ask for $1 million) is just weak.
                    Getting zero offers at all for a year and having your promoter fail to negotiate on your behalf as a world champion is weak.

Pretty obvious that she doesn't know what she's doing. Terrible contact, and what sounds like obvious breach of contract. Seems like Ennis was willing to cut them some slack during the pandemic, and was willing to see what she was going to do, but when the answer turned out to be "nothing" and they weren't responding to normal communications, they ended up with a lawsuit. Ennis should be in the peak of his career and it's really obvious his promotion sucks. A guy with his skills and highlight reel should be a much bigger star, especially in the glamour division. I think it's beyond dispute that his promoter has been doing a bad job. Dunno how you're reading this as Ennis being weak. If she wants to take over the business, she needs to do the job. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Getting zero offers at all for a year and having your promoter fail to negotiate on your behalf as a world champion is weak.

Pretty obvious that she doesn't know what she's doing. Terrible contact, and what sounds like obvious breach of contract. Seems like Ennis was willing to cut them some slack during the pandemic, and was willing to see what she was going to do, but when the answer turned out to be "nothing" and they weren't responding to normal communications, they ended up with a lawsuit. Ennis should be in the peak of his career and it's really obvious his promotion sucks. A guy with his skills and highlight reel should be a much bigger star, especially in the glamour division. I think it's beyond dispute that his promoter has been doing a bad job. Dunno how you're reading this as Ennis being weak. If she wants to take over the business, she needs to do the job. Period.
                      The issues that Ennis had in regards to his contract (and obligations not being met) existed before the widow took over the business. I'm going to assume that Dunkin was the one who drafted the original contract, not the widow. He waited until Dunkin died in order to pull this maneuver. That part is what I don't understand. Ennis had grounds to sue NOW Boxing prior to Dunkin's death because it seems like they never kept him as active as the contracted stipulated. But his team waited.

It seems like a free agent now, so let's see how his career continues to unfold. I have a feeling his activity isn't going to improve as much as we want it to.

Comment

Working...
                      X