Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte The 'Victim Of Contaminated Substance', According To Investigation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

That actually impressed me about Lance Armstrong.Winning all those races while on PEDs. When I was on drugs - I couldn't even find my bike.
    Think this is a joke but yeah to answer it depends on the sport specific cycle and training.

Whyte had a genuine fail from kickboxing and the other tests were confirmed to be mistakes - either cleared by the B sample or proved to be contaminated substances. Just the same as Beterbiev - rasied levels of various things but in Whyte's case they were above the actual limit.
    That's not true about the B Sample. None were cleared by the B Sample.

Every time he tested positive for PED's (4 times) he's broken the threshold, unlike Beterbiev who has never tested positive or gone above the threshold so again, not the same.

There's no way to confirm that it was a genuine mistake, that's the issue. They've deemed it that but there's no way to know if it was or wasn't. What we do know categorically is he had PED's in his system.

Doesn't mean he tested postive for PEDs. In fact many PEDs are very hard to test for now. e.g. Human growth hormone etc. You can take out of competition.
    It does mean that. He tested positive for Dbol. He tested positive for PED's in the literal sense of the words. I'm not familiar what else he's failed for the in past but just the Dbol alone is enough to say that.

Yeah that's true, it's not overly difficult to pass a drug testing procedure, including random ones. Unless unlucky, or stupid.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Think this is a joke but yeah to answer it depends on the sport specific cycle and training.

That's not true about the B Sample. None were cleared by the B Sample.

Every time he tested positive for PED's (4 times) he's broken the threshold, unlike Beterbiev who has never tested positive or gone above the threshold so again, not the same.

There's no way to confirm that it was a genuine mistake, that's the issue. They've deemed it that but there's no way to know if it was or wasn't. What we do know categorically is he had PED's in his system.

It does mean that. He tested positive for Dbol. He tested positive for PED's in the literal sense of the words. I'm not familiar what else he's failed for the in past but just the Dbol alone is enough to say that.

Yeah that's true, it's not overly difficult to pass a drug testing procedure, including random ones. Unless unlucky, or stupid.
      "Whyte, who trains in the United States with Buddy McGirt and is licenced by the Texas Department of Licencing and Regulation, was found to have been the innocent victim of contamination of a nutritional supplement following an extensive investigation."

I'm too lazy to look up every case but they can't say a nutritional supplement is contaminated if it wasn't because they will get sued by the manufacturer. Basically you are saying because it's Whyte - you choose not to believe this. But you will believe in a 40 year old boxer boxing like a 25 year old....

Comment

"Whyte, who trains in the United States with Buddy McGirt and is licenced by the Texas Department of Licencing and Regulation, was found to have been the innocent victim of contamination of a nutritional supplement following an extensive investigation."

I'm too lazy to look up every case but they can't say a nutritional supplement is contaminated if it wasn't because they will get sued by the manufacturer. Basically you are saying because it's Whyte - you choose not to believe this. But you will believe in a 40 year old boxer boxing like a 25 year old....
        We'd have to know the contents of the trial to know more facts about the specific supplement, amounts found, timings of positive test etc. Can't comment on that without the info.

It doesn't change the fact though that it's not the same because Whyte tested positive for banned substance, whereas Beterbeiv didn't and never has.

So, in short, not comparable.

Comment

Working...
        X