• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
    His best and only good win is a robbery lmao bum
    yeah ... thats pretty pathetic
    Boxing Scene Boxing Scene likes this.

Comment

Terrible boxer. Excelled at being dirty. Seems like a nice enough guy. But he was just awful.

Comment

Ward beat kovalev fair and square twice.
        Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

Ward is an ATG fighter next with RJJ, Hopkins, Zaghe but Kovalev was a beast too at that time, when Adonis Stevenson was ducking him like the plague. First fight with Kovalev was close like a Draw and the second one was even more biased bc Ward should've been deducted some points for lowblows but it is what it is. Two best fighters fought each other and I'm ok with that bc Ward and Kovalev never shy away from tough-top notch fights and that was good for boxing.

What I think Ward is somehow sore, is bc he didn't stay active enough in boxing for another few years to have a chance to get Canelo and score a huge payday. Of course that Ward didn't have to know that Canelo will jump to 175 to fight Kovalev too.
          Last edited by Raimondo; 03-02-2024, 03:06 AM.

Comment

F.. the woman beater kovalev yet damn dude beat ward the first should've been a split dec win @ min. The 2nd fight those were lowblows 1 shot the ref should've warned him bring it up the 2nd one a point don't quote me because so long ago but I believe it was more than 2.

Comment

I never saw what the controversy was all about with the first Ward vs Kovalev fight TBH. I thought it was a close fight yes but I ended up scoring that fight 115-113 for Ward myself. It was close but GTFOH with all the robbery talk. That was not a robbery.
              Gary Coleman Gary Coleman likes this.

Comment

He did show those qualities but he also had a little extra help from 3 other people sat ringside.

Virgil was excellent in the corner that night too. I always remember that speech where he was like “Ali got up, Leonard got up” etc.

In fairness to Ward too, he put the controversy to bed in the rematch, he’d figured Kovalev out by then.

Comment

I hope he’s not forgetting to thank the judges as well.

Comment

First fight was close, but I thought Kovalev built up too big of a lead over the first half and edged it. Not a robbery, but Andre knows he didn't win seven rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post

Ward is a pretentious twat. bragging about ¨unteachable resolve¨ for getting up after being knocked down by a jab

It was a flash knockdown, he wasn't even hurt

doesn't change the fact that Kovalev outboxed his ass and beat him in that fight
                      I always got a kick out of how big a deal they made that, Virgil yelling in the corner to motivate him, etc. etc.

Ward had been down before, and much harder,

Comment

Working...
                      X