Comments Thread For: Baraou Beats Eggington In Euro Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Baraou Beats Eggington In Euro Battle

[Click Here To Read More]

Great scrap - Eggington's indomitable heart and will power made a great fight. Baraou has a great engine,, good footwork and some power but his timing is poor and he doesn't have fast hand-speed. He's not world class. In another era I don't think he'd even make European champion. He cried during the post fight interview so much so it was discontinued - I'm guessing he's had a traumatic life as his journey unfolded between Togo childhood and EU champion.

Comment

I really admire Sam Eggington. Based on natural ability he shouldn't even have fought for the British title but the man has so much heart & will to win that he can overcome his deficiencies. I would never have thought he could dent the European ceiling. Now Sam needs to decide where he goes. There are some huge fights at 154 for him at British level but, IMO, he should call it a day, he can be incredibly proud of all he has achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
        I really admire Sam Eggington. Based on natural ability he shouldn't even have fought for the British title but the man has so much heart & will to win that he can overcome his deficiencies. I would never have thought he could dent the European ceiling. Now Sam needs to decide where he goes. There are some huge fights at 154 for him at British level but, IMO, he should call it a day, he can be incredibly proud of all he has achieved.
        He's a warrior. Deserves major respect. But he's been in the game a long time and in many wars.

Comment

Working...
        X