No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kholmatov: 'Ford's Nothing Special'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HisExcellency View Post

Thanks for the tip...I didn't even realise that existed as I'm not a regular poster here except for the last year or so. I'll check it out.

As for the fight, that's a possibility although I just think that Ford is too smart and will outbox him whilst staying away from the Uzbek's power and may even get a stoppage himself.

Anyway, I guess we'll just have to see who's right on Monday
    it's entertaining - been going six years now. This year its been split in three x 4 month competitions with an end of year 'prize' (we hope given new ownership - there's always bragging rights) , so you'll likely too late to win the Jan-April comp but practice doesn't hurt so you can kill it for the next 2 comps

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

My picks are at about 91% and I pick fights most people don't know of or follow and have been doing this for like 40 years Thanks to onlind betting I can be paid now!
      Cool. Why not start a tipster service an make money that way too?

as an aside, a high pick rate (although 91% is truly high) is easy to get if you are only picking the winner rather than method and timing - because as we know most fights have a strong favourite. I'm was never impressed by Lyle Fitzsimmons 70-75% picks.

Kholmatov-Ford is fairly evenly balanced - so who've you got and how ? (stoppage/decision) and when (early/mid/late stoppage OR close/clear/wide decision)
      Last edited by SteveM; 03-01-2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

I liked what I saw of Ford in the past. Not sure if he's got a chin, but he's got some skills. There's intangibles that make a big difference, but you can see skills on display sometimes no matter the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

Cool. Why not start a tipster service an make money that way too?

as an aside, a high pick rate (although 91% is truly high) is easy to get if you are only picking the winner rather than method and timing - because as we know most fights have a strong favourite. I'm was never impressed by Lyle Fitzsimmons 70-75% picks.

Kholmatov-Ford is fairly evenly balanced - so who've you got and how ? (stoppage/decision) and when (early/mid/late stoppage OR close/clear/wide decision)
          This will be a big challenge for Ford due to size and come forward pressure, however as I had previously said it will take balance meaning the right boxing style, defense and movement and also being first and remain relaxed and calm without tiring but if he Ford does those things he'll win.

Comment

I tried finding more footage of Kholmatov and had a hard time finding much.

Comment

This will be a big challenge for Ford due to size and come forward pressure, however as I had previously said it will take balance meaning the right boxing style, defense and movement and also being first and remain relaxed and calm without tiring but if he Ford does those things he'll win.
              you've kept your options open there so that's an if this happens then that happens BUT if this doesn't happen then that doesn't happen. Fair enough. Sometimes a no-pick is the smart pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

you've kept your options open there so that's an if this happens then that happens BUT if this doesn't happen then that doesn't happen. Fair enough. Sometimes a no-pick is the smart pick.
                I put my money where my mouth is, and I'm very secure.

Comment

Originally posted by Body the jab View Post
                  Ford's weakness seems to be good (Mexican style) pressure fighters but Kholmatov doesn't fight that way, he seems like a technical boxer - this should be a good fight with close rounds.
                  I agree if Kholmatov comes to box with Ford it will be tough for him but if he decides to put Pressure he can get to Ford.

Comment

I don't think either is that special, but I expect that Ford will eventually get broken down and stopped.

Comment

I put my money where my mouth is, and I'm very secure.
                      so money on a Ford win then? What you gave was an analysis - (like Bread often does) that's fine and could be helpful for an in-play bet

Comment

Working...
                      X