Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Harris Expects Joshua To 'Go Straight Through' Ngannou

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reading the treads concerning this fight, there is enough credit given to Ngannou and his MMA tooled Boxing ability, and enough doubt about post Ruiz 1 Joshua to make this a really exciting match.

Fury gets the same pass he gets for his other sub-par performances because he obviously didn't prepare for any kind of fight, and when Fury isn't being serious, he's got serious flaws.

A.J. is NOT getting the same pass, because he knows what is riding on his performance and has prepared to bring his best.

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
    I think the difference with Ngannou - is he is huge. Way bigger than Joshua. And again he is *huge* - so need to take him very seriously
    Well, check out the pictures of Ngannou training with Joe Joyce. Joyce dwarfs Ngannou, like the man was malnourished.
    So....it's gonna me more about who's the better fighter I beleive.

Originally posted by mrbig1 View Post
    AJ should win this fight with ease. Ngannou is not a boxer. He is big and slow. If AJ fights scared looking for a UD could be his downfall. AJ is better in every way. AJ problem is not his skill. It's in his head and his glass jaw. He has not been the same fighter since Ruiz 1.
    I agree. Joshua MUST wipe the floor with Ngannou. Nothing else will do. A running UD will leave Joshua's legacy in ruins. A KO loss will bar him from the Hall of Fame, even as Fury, Wilder get in. Right from the horse's mouth my friends.
    mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
      Just reading the treads concerning this fight, there is enough credit given to Ngannou and his MMA tooled Boxing ability, and enough doubt about post Ruiz 1 Joshua to make this a really exciting match.

Fury gets the same pass he gets for his other sub-par performances because he obviously didn't prepare for any kind of fight, and when Fury isn't being serious, he's got serious flaws.

A.J. is NOT getting the same pass, because he knows what is riding on his performance and has prepared to bring his best.

Well, check out the pictures of Ngannou training with Joe Joyce. Joyce dwarfs Ngannou, like the man was malnourished.
      So....it's gonna me more about who's the better fighter I beleive.

I agree. Joshua MUST wipe the floor with Ngannou. Nothing else will do. A running UD will leave Joshua's legacy in ruins. A KO loss will bar him from the Hall of Fame, even as Fury, Wilder get in. Right from the horse's mouth my friends.
      I've seen the Joyce pics but we are talking about AJ.. Hearn said it was like a Crusierweight vs a Heavyweight when he was talking to them both at the press conference. AJ weight against Wallin = 251lbs. Ngannou weight against Fury = 272lbs, Joyce weight against Zhang 1 = 256lbs, 2nd fight = 281lbs. Ngannou is just naturally bigger than AJ and unlike Fury he is all muscle.

As for Fury - his sparring partner clearly said he did train. Sure he didn't train 100% but the not training excuse is just that - an excuse. If you watch the Fury Ngannou fight in full you will be impressed by some things Ngannou did but yes AJ still beats him. Probably by KO. Anyone who hits hard is always dangerous though.
      mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

AJ had better win this fight. Why would AJ's people make this fight? Many have come from other sports and got beat bad when they face a real fighter. Ngannou is not a boxer. big slow has little to no boxing skill. AJ has more speed, movement, and skill. if beat beats his ass in a one-sided UD is still a good win. I'm picking AJ by late round stoppage or a UD.

Comment

Working...
        X