No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn, De La Hoya: Peace Is Good for the Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn, De La Hoya: Peace Is Good for the Sport

Promoters Eddie Hearn and Oscar De La Hoya have met to talk about the state of the sport and discuss key talking points.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-29-2024, 04:15 PM.

About time too! Hopefully it’s not all talk and more action.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I’m sure they met over an 8 ball, as soon as Oscar comes down, and Eddie passes his reflection in the mirror, they will again resume hostilities
      Last edited by 2fast2strong; 02-29-2024, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Munguia vs Berlanga
        El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come if this isn't all just good word for the cameras. When promoters(and fighters to a certain extent) can put their egos and greed aside and break bread together without trying to screw each other over, it's an all-around W for everybody involved including the fans. Still, at the end of the day, business is business tho and it will always triumph over boxing than the sport itself. We'll see going forward.

Comment

Aren't these the exact same sentiments (obvious ones at that) everybody has been expressing for years? Less talk. More action.

Comment

I think this is nothing more than DAZN coming to its senses by reducing the influence of the network executive who was pretty much a glorified Hearn/Matchroom fan boy and telling Hearn and Golden Boy that the days of wasting the network’s money on their ego battle are over. That’s why Hearn and Canelo may be in for a surprise in thinking they can get back together again like nothinrg’s changed and con DAZN into paying extravagant sums for the “privilege” of airing Canelo fights against more Matchroom bums.
              Last edited by Roj; 02-29-2024, 10:49 AM.
              GoldenBackHand GoldenBackHand likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                I think this is nothing more than DAZN coming to its senses by reducing the influence of the network executive who was pretty much a glorified Hearn/Matchroom fan boy and telling Hearn and Golden Boy that the days of wasting the network’s money on their ego battle are over. That’s why Hearn and Canelo may be in for a surprise in thinking they can get back together again like nothinrg’s changed and con DAZN into paying extravagant sums for the “privilege” of airing Canelo fights against more Matchroom bums.
                So very true my man!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                  Alternatively, it could be that Oscar realises that to have a slice of the Saudi pie he needs to work with Eddie.

Personally, I hope that common sense has prevailed.
                  Last edited by Mr WorldWide; 02-29-2024, 11:08 AM.
                  landotter landotter El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

It’s all for naught if you overpay fighters. It’s definitely time to reign in the divas of the sport who demand more money than can be produced. For the purses that are being paid we have seen a total lack of superfights and so very few modern classics. A change in the culture of the sport is needed and it starts with the networks/platforms even more than the promoters
                    Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X