Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Najee Lopez: 'I Can't Even Express How I Feel Winning This Battle'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Najee Lopez: 'I Can't Even Express How I Feel Winning This Battle'

Najee Lopez found himself in ProBox TV classic Lopez outpointed Marcos Escudero in the co-main event from the ProBox TV Events Center in Plant City, Florida and Lopez (10-0, 8 KOs), a 24-year-old light heavyweight, was tested.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You barely eked out a decision win, Escudero put some licks on you, and hopefully your right eye isn't damaged.
    You showed grit, and gut's, but also some indecisiveness during the fight as well.
    Maybe you were a bit to concerned about going the 10 round distance for the first time, but what ever the case it almost cost you.
    In the future don't worry so much about how many rounds the fight is scheduled for, just concentrate on beating the opponent in front of you.

Comment

It was a bad decision. It should have been either a draw or a points win for Escudero. This guy was protected due to 3 reasons, his race, the nationality he represents (Puerto Rico ) and the venue of the fight (Florida, more Ricans than Mexicans).
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
        You barely eked out a decision win, Escudero put some licks on you, and hopefully your right eye isn't damaged.
        You showed grit, and gut's, but also some indecisiveness during the fight as well.
        Maybe you were a bit to concerned about going the 10 round distance for the first time, but what ever the case it almost cost you.
        In the future don't worry so much about how many rounds the fight is scheduled for, just concentrate on beating the opponent in front of you.
        I agree. Looked tense, had too many lapses in judgement during the fight and gave Escudero many opportunities to capitalize. Good learning experience and got the W, but he definitely has alot to work on before he takes the next step. Glad that Pro-Box is putting on these fights for young fighters to feel the pressure of being under the bright lights in front of a wider audience and see what it takes to move up the ladder to bigger and better things. All in all, good fight from both guys.
        Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

I agree. Looked tense, had too many lapses in judgement during the fight and gave Escudero many opportunities to capitalize. Good learning experience and got the W, but he definitely has alot to work on before he takes the next step. Glad that Pro-Box is putting on these fights for young fighters to feel the pressure of being under the bright lights in front of a wider audience and see what it takes to move up the ladder to bigger and better things. All in all, good fight from both guys.
          I agree 100%, Nagy can't be so tentative in future fight's, because at some point he'll run up against someone who'll be able to take full advantage of that flaw!
          Good up, and coming fighters in very good competitive fight's that they don't always win. It is exciting to see these fighters tested to the max on the way up the ranks!

Comment

Escudero won that one.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
              It was a bad decision. It should have been either a draw or a points win for Escudero. This guy was protected due to 3 reasons, his race, the nationality he represents (Puerto Rico ) and the venue of the fight (Florida, more Ricans than Mexicans).
              You forgot a reason. Probox personalities were pushing the idea that he was gonna be great.
              I thought Escudero schooled him. In fact I was really impressed by his boxing. I didnt think it was close at all.
              I like Algieri but he can be bias. In this fight (and others!) I saw one guy (Escudero) land a flush shot and he said, Lopez lands a great punch!

Comment

Working...
              X