Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor: Catterall can't compare with Lopez, Prograis or Postol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor: Catterall can't compare with Lopez, Prograis or Postol

Josh Taylor and Jack Catterall completed their press tour and retreated to their gyms to prepare for their eagerly awaited rematch on April 27.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This COWARD would get absolutely chinned at 147, and he knows it. That's why he's still boiling down to 140 at 3e years of age. Can't wait for Catterall to butcher this clown. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
      This COWARD would get absolutely chinned at 147, and he knows it. That's why he's still boiling down to 140 at 3e years of age. Can't wait for Catterall to butcher this clown. Again.
      Hard to call a man a coward who's taken on the very best in his weight class. He plans to move up but he's got an important legacy fight against Catterall to handle first. I do think he's arcing down in his career and won't have great success against the WW elite, but he's achieved everything that could be done at 140. Not a likeable guy to many, but not a coward by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Taylor: Catterall can't compare with Lopez, Prograis or Postol

Did he say that? It's not really clear from the article.

Anyway, Catterall won their fight in the eyes of many including myself. Taylor should be worried about how Catterall compares to ​​​​​​​him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Hard to call a man a coward who's taken on the very best in his weight class. He plans to move up but he's got an important legacy fight against Catterall to handle first. I do think he's arcing down in his career and won't have great success against the WW elite, but he's achieved everything that could be done at 140. Not a likeable guy to many, but not a coward by any stretch of the imagination.
          If he was half of what you seem to believe he is, he doesn't get paddled by Catterall and doesn't get washed by a head case like Teofimo. Josh never went to 147 because he knows he'd get absolutely destroyed there. I don't even think he'd beat a body bag like Ugas.

Catterall is a good fighter, but he has no belts and no major wins besides the paddling of Taylor. How does Jack constitute a legacy fight?

Comment

If he was half of what you seem to believe he is, he doesn't get paddled by Catterall and doesn't get washed by a head case like Teofimo. Josh never went to 147 because he knows he'd get absolutely destroyed there. I don't even think he'd beat a body bag like Ugas.

Catterall is a good fighter, but he has no belts and no major wins besides the paddling of Taylor. How does Jack constitute a legacy fight?
            What did I say he was, in your memory? You called him a coward for not moving up in weight. I replied by saying that he does, in fact, intend to go to WW but he's got an important legacy fight at 140 to handle first. I acknowledged that Taylor's probably on the slide (as evidenced by his recent outings), but any notion that he's been any kind of coward is ridiculous. You're apparently oblivious to his record, but this guy has fought the very best competition available at his weight class. Very few fighters in the game right now have better resumes than Josh Taylor.

With regard to Catteralll, you sound like a straight noob not understanding the significance of this fight TO JOSH TAYLOR. He's not fighting SRL, but he is rematching the guy who most people thought gave him his first true loss, and a guy who is his top domestic rival. Josh Taylor's legacy, in his mind, very much relies on redeeming himself against this particular rival. If he's unable to do that, he's not going to be able to convince anyone that he's still a world class fighter. Taylor says he just had an off night and didn't prepare well. We'll soon see if that was the case.
            Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 02-26-2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

What did I say he was, in your memory? You called him a coward for not moving up in weight. I replied by saying that he does, in fact, intend to go to WW but he's got an important legacy fight at 140 to handle first. I acknowledged that Taylor's probably on the slide (as evidenced by his recent outings), but any notion that he's been any kind of coward is ridiculous. You're apparently oblivious to his record, but this guy has fought the very best competition available at his weight class. Very few fighters in the game right now have better resumes than Josh Taylor.

With regard to Catteralll, you sound like a straight noob not understanding the significance of this fight TO JOSH TAYLOR. He's not fighting SRL, but he is rematching the guy who most people thought gave him his first true loss, and a guy who is his top domestic rival. Josh Taylor's legacy, in his mind, very much relies on redeeming himself against this particular rival. If he's unable to do that, he's not going to be able to convince anyone that he's still a world class fighter. Taylor says he just had an off night and didn't prepare well. We'll soon see if that was the case.
              Taylor and Prograis were both flapping their gums about 5 years ago about moving up to 147. Prograis eventually woke up and realized he'd be food at 147. Josh still seems to hang onto that ludicrous plan, but you and I both know he doesn't have the bollocks to really do it. I see no one in the Top 10 at 147 he'd be favored against. He's just blowing got air as he always has.

He's not beating Catterall and this time, he may even get stopped, and we won't have to listen to this obnoxious and delusional UK knob ever again.

Btw, he really lost the Prograis fight. He was given a gift. Prograis outlanded him in most rounds and 242-207 overall.

Comment

Taylor and Prograis were both flapping their gums about 5 years ago about moving up to 147. Prograis eventually woke up and realized he'd be food at 147. Josh still seems to hang onto that ludicrous plan, but you and I both know he doesn't have the bollocks to really do it. I see no one in the Top 10 at 147 he'd be favored against. He's just blowing got air as he always has.

He's not beating Catterall and this time, he may even get stopped, and we won't have to listen to this obnoxious and delusional UK knob ever again.

Btw, he really lost the Prograis fight. He was given a gift. Prograis outlanded him in most rounds and 242-207 overall.
                No, Taylor bullied, outboxed and outfought Prograis from start to finish.

Comment

No, Taylor bullied, outboxed and outfought Prograis from start to finish.
                  You need to get your eyes checked and watch it again.

Comment

You need to get your eyes checked and watch it again.
                    One of us does. Go watch it back. Again, ask Prograis who won.

https://www.nola.com/sports/regis-pr...2d0ed8277.html

Comment

Working...
                    X