No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez Moving To Bantamweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

I'm contradicting myself, but I would too!
    Only because I don't see Jason Maloney as much of a puncher.
    Chocolatito would have to avoid the other champion's of the division Nakatani, Inoue, and Rodriguez.
    You don’t think he has a chance against Emmanuel Rodriguez? He’s not a big puncher either.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

You don’t think he has a chance against Emmanuel Rodriguez? He’s not a big puncher either.
      No I don't think that he can beat Rodriguez, every fighter has a chance to win, but in this case his chance's are slim, and none.
      Rodriguez has shown a power surge in his last three fight's, my apologies for not placing them in chronological order, Lopez was his last fight.

3. Roberto Cantu 22-3 KO'd 1st round,
      2. Gary Russell 19-0 W by TD 10, (note he had Russell on the verge of a knockout, so Russell reverted to head butting thus the TD),
      1. Melvin Lopez 29-1 W by UD 12, (note he dropped Lopez three times in the 12th round, and had him on the verge of a knockout).

Rodriguez has already beaten Jason Maloney who was 17-0 at the time W SD 12, back in 10/20/18, if they fought a rematch Rodriguez would stop him.
      I believe that he would knockout Roman 'Chocolatito' Gonzalez if they ever fought, for the biggest win in his professional career.
      Rodriguez has 2 losses on his record, and they are to the following fighter's stated below.

The first was a knockout loss to the great Naoya Inoue who was 17-0 at the time L by KO 2.
      The second loss was a robbery coming off of the Inoue KO, to Reymart Gaballo who was 23-0 at the time, L by SD 12.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I would pick Chocolatito to beat Jason Moloney.
        Nope!
        Remember Moloney took Inoue's shots well for most of their fight.
        Gonzalez is also struggling to stop opponents since moving up to 115.
        That won't get any better at 118.
        I think Moloney should get his management to bring Chocolatito to Australia in May.
        Moloney by UD in a hard-to-watch final fight for Roman Gonzalez.

Comment

Working...
        X