Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jones Jr: Anderson can be America's next world heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Bomac getting off that charge in the UK was an absoloute madness, if that had been a regular British person they'd be doing the 10 years minimum no questions asked but that judge just absoloutley loved Bomac, he could not say enough good stuff about him lol.
    Crazy. The Brits stance on guns is the polar opposite of ours (generally speaking).

In the judge's defense, it's hard not to like BoMac.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

Red states usually have more gun rights.

I did a quick search and found this:

Published: 7:48 PM EST December 1, 2023
      "OREGON, Ohio — Toledo boxer Jared Anderson was convicted of a misdemeanor gun charge Friday as part of a plea deal he took following his arrest for drunken driving in November.

Anderson, an undefeated heavyweight whose star is rising in the ring, pleaded no contest to an amended charge of improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle. He was fined $200 and given a 180-day suspended sentence at the Corrections Center of Northwest Ohio contingent on him not committing a similar offense within one year."

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/cr...0-0c075cbe979c

So, DD is the real issue. That's not a good sign. I guess Roy's talk with him didn't sink in. Maybe that incident finally woke him up.
      Glad he cleared it up. Red states have more gun rights for owners licensed to carry. Not everyone carrying has a license. If Anderson was licensed to carry, why would he be arrested?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

Glad he cleared it up. Red states have more gun rights for owners licensed to carry. Not everyone carrying has a license. If Anderson was licensed to carry, why would he be arrested?
        I think the DD is what made the gun charge. The gun was supposedly locked in a glove box. So, something to the effect of access to a fire arm while intoxicated perhaps? And a lot of red states - even some blue ones - don't require a license to carry (open carry vs concealed carry especially). The supreme court ruled a year or so ago that you should be able to carry everywhere - "constitutional carry" - though NY and CA and other states are pushing back on that and trying to get around it.
        BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I think the DD is what made the gun charge. The gun was supposedly locked in a glove box. So, something to the effect of access to a fire arm while intoxicated perhaps? And a lot of red states - even some blue ones - don't require a license to carry (open carry vs concealed carry especially). The supreme court ruled a year or so ago that you should be able to carry everywhere - "constitutional carry" - though NY and CA and other states are pushing back on that and trying to get around it.
          Good info. I need to research this stuff. It's pretty interesting.
          Last edited by BlackRobb; 02-25-2024, 12:00 AM.
          Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Show he's the best American first. Fight deontay

Comment

In this sorry era, Francis can be a HW champ

Comment

Working...
              X