Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jones Jr: Anderson can be America's next world heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jones Jr: Anderson can be America's next world heavyweight champion

by Declan Warrington - Hall-of-fame boxer Roy Jones Jr. says Jared Anderson could be the next world champion from the United States in the heavyweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 02-19-2024, 09:40 PM.

He definitely has the talent. The problem is whether he can handle the spotlight/pressure - right now, I don't think he can.

Comment

I actually think RJJ should train him. To be clear, I don’t think RJJ is a world class trainer at the level of some, but I think with Anderson the main thing will be keeping him focused and out of trouble, and watching those clips it really looked like a father and son talking and the two of them had barely known each other apparently.

Comment

The only way Jared becomes a champion is if he gets a vacant title fight against some rando or everyone in the top 10 retires tmrw cause he definitely ain't winning it against anyone good, dude is mediocre at best. He's the edger berlenga of the heavyweight division.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

His skill set to date does not separate him from the pack
          BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16 View Post
            I actually think RJJ should train him.
            I'd pass on that. Idk that I'd want RJJ training anyone with as much upside as Jared could if he wins a belt.

I think Jared is stupid in the same way most of us were stupid young. I don't think hes at danger of going THAT sideways over personal issues. I don't think RJJ can save him from that sh^t or that Jared needs saving from being young & dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
              At the prospect level it has.

His top ten/world class pedigree is still to be determined tho.
              Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

He can, but he will quit way before he even makes some defenses because he said that in an interview that he does not want to stick around. The interview gave the distinct impression that he already has one foot out the door.
                crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post
                  The only way Jared becomes a champion is if he gets a vacant title fight against some rando or everyone in the top 10 retires tmrw cause he definitely ain't winning it against anyone good, dude is mediocre at best. He's the edger berlenga of the heavyweight division.
                  A little unfair. Anderson is not just a puncher. He has real talent. Does he have the motivation and drive to become elite? Sometimes he talks as if he hates the fight game. That doesn't bode well if and when he steps up the competition. This next fight seems like a waste. It's time to take the training wheels off.

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
                    It's too early to tell. This year should be a good barometer.

Comment

Working...
                    X