Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jones Jr: Anderson can be America's next world heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post

A little unfair. Anderson is not just a puncher. He has real talent. Does he have the motivation and drive to become elite? Sometimes he talks as if he hates the fight game. That doesn't bode well if and when he steps up the competition. This next fight seems like a waste. It's time to take the training wheels off.
    I just don't see it, but I've been wrong before. He went live or death with an aging Charles Martin and that pretty much tells me where he stands currently. Who knows, maybe he learned from it and will look better but someone who says they're only in it for the money and is gonna retire early isn't pushing himself to get better. He's gonna just get by till he cashes out.

Comment

He should start fighting rated contenders not unknown fighters. He will never grow fighting “uber” drivers.
      Claude Palle Claude Palle likes this.

Comment

well if you time it right you can become champ easily. just fight a bum once a belt becomes vacant or cherry pick an easy champ like stiverene after he wins a vacant belt.

Comment

He definitely has age on his side, the only other young heavyweight I can think of right now is Dubious, so if another heavyweight talent doesn't emerge he will most likely win a strap.

Comment

He's pretty crap and you can already tell from his diva attitude he won't want to know once someone starts punching back.

Comment

Hard to retire from this site lol. Forget about Jared for a minute and look at the top 10 or top 15 rankings. Even the # had an interesting reaction to a body punch. There's maybe 3 guys at the top and the rest who mostly perform like part time fighters.

As for Jared, Roy gives him a way out of the old life. Jared can fully soak in diff environments without the usuals holding him back like an anchor and grow as a man.

"It's hard".. because happiness comes from what others say and do. He has to remember that he's the architecte of his dreams..
              Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

People are being too hard on Jared. Dude is young. And in this age where everything is recorded and dissected it's easy to throw shade. I think his problem with the fight game is really a problem with the expectations put on him - whether by himself or others - of having to provide financially for everybody. That's a sure fire way to remove the love of the sport. He's just a young man and he needs the people close to him - his mom, trainer, etc - to remove that burden and let him just focus on training and being the best fighter he can be. The rest will come in due time, as long as that burden is lifted. He has all the tools. Now he just needs the experience. And the focus. I, personally, feel like this young man is going to get there. And hopefully he gets a significant fight after this next one.
                Oldskoolg Oldskoolg leebatt leebatt like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post

I just don't see it, but I've been wrong before. He went live or death with an aging Charles Martin and that pretty much tells me where he stands currently. Who knows, maybe he learned from it and will look better but someone who says they're only in it for the money and is gonna retire early isn't pushing himself to get better. He's gonna just get by till he cashes out.
                  Wells said
                  And I don’t see all this talent either
                  Looks like a fighter that just wants that big cash out and then is gone , not willing to test himself
                  Joe shmo Joe shmo likes this.

Comment

I just don't see him beating guys like Sanchez, Zhang or even Ajagba once Fury and Usyk are gone.

Comment

Everybody can be a world champ if he is at the right place at the right time. Just look at Wilder.

But little Anderson must cherry pick carefully. he had a big trouble with old washed up Martin.

Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 02-20-2024, 12:19 AM.
                      Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X