Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Describes Tim Tszyu's Style: "I Could Say Basic But Also Tough"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman is a tough dude, but long inactivity will be a key factor here.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
      Blah blah blah
      By the end of the fight
      He hits harder than I thought
      His basic 1-2 is also very good and he’s fast
      Also , I can tell you how many bulbs were around the ring as I got a very good look at them while I laid there
      Thanks Keef
      So retirement seems imminent
      That's why Tim always says "I wanna hear him talk after the fight".

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
        Keef by close UD after some shaky moments in the mid-rounds. He has more skill, speed, experience in big fights and pedigree. Size and aggression alone won't be enough for Tszyu.
        Sure Jan.
        Campo32 Campo32 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
          I like Tim but I ain’t ordering . Thurman getting blasted tf out!!! Ty Tim, fa Q Al
          The rest of the card is decent, personally I'm happy to watch Tszyu blast away. Ideally not as fast as Ocampo.

Comment

I'm going to put a couple hundred on Thurman and enjoy this fight , I feel he is the last of that generation who can really box aggressive fighters with ease , but I wouldn't be shocked by either result , just to enjoy the fight

Comment

Am I missing something? Why are they fighting at a catchweight of 155lbs?

Keef is a career 147 pounder. Tim is a LMW. Why not just fight at 154?
              BlackRobb BlackRobb likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post
                I'm going to put a couple hundred on Thurman and enjoy this fight , I feel he is the last of that generation who can really box aggressive fighters with ease , but I wouldn't be shocked by either result , just to enjoy the fight
                When Thurman was 30, he got knocked on his backside trying to back up from a combo from a 40-year old Pacquiao. I doubt Keith's got any faster in the last five years...
                MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

When Thurman was 30, he got knocked on his backside trying to back up from a combo from a 40-year old Pacquiao. I doubt Keith's got any faster in the last five years...
                  Ya but that was only a split Dec loss, it was a close competitive fight, I think Thurman came in with wrong game plan , he tried to walk down Manny and bully , that's the style that Pac loves , I'm not saying Thurman 100 percent will win but at 6 to 1 he is definitely worth a bet , a highly skilled fighter
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

The WBO is not sanctioning this bout, and Thurman is coming off a long layoff so he may have a hard time taking off weight. There's basically no point in this fight taking place at 154.

Comment

Unless Tim is moving up, maybe Keith can't make that old weight anymore from when he was truly active.

Edit: just noticed the guy before me said the same thing.
                      Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 02-16-2024, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X