Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Think Joshua Will Have Enough Firepower To Shine Against Ngannou

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Think Joshua Will Have Enough Firepower To Shine Against Ngannou

Ricky Hatton is firmly backing former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua to topple MMA veteran Francis Ngannou. Their fight takes place on March 8 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The cat is out of the bag. Fury took Ngannou too lightly and he had more skills and power than anticipated, surprise surprise. AJ and company will be ready for this and unless he gets caught I expect him to win.
    BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I think this fight is more dangerous, and rewarding, for Joshua than it was for Fury.

Fury had no idea, and didn't prepare, and was embarrassed.

If Joshua is embarrassed, it'll plummet his stock. But if he dismantles Francis, it'll stir the pot and get the rumblings for the Fury-Joshua fight to take place.

Rooting for Joshua to win, and Francis to prove he's the third best Heavyweight. Joshua-Fury, Francis-Zhang co-main event.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
        I think this fight is more dangerous, and rewarding, for Joshua than it was for Fury.

Fury had no idea, and didn't prepare, and was embarrassed.

If Joshua is embarrassed, it'll plummet his stock. But if he dismantles Francis, it'll stir the pot and get the rumblings for the Fury-Joshua fight to take place.

Rooting for Joshua to win, and Francis to prove he's the third best Heavyweight. Joshua-Fury, Francis-Zhang co-main event.
        I think Francis will lose so conclusively that you won't see him in with a top guy again.

Comment

Its not just about firepower its about what you can take. Ngannou if anything hits even harder and has barely even flinched in a fight before never mind been rocked and put on his arse repeatedly including by smaller opponents. AJ is obviously the better boxer but unless he tries the Ruiz 2 gameplan (and even that isnt a guarantee because Ngannou is so much bigger and rangier with way more one shot power than the fatty) he could be in serious trouble.

Comment

Joshua has been wildly overrated and has this weird British nationalism fanboy appeal. But he’s got boxing skill and if he employs it and is prepared, he should easily outpoint this guy.

Comment

I don't get why people are talking about Greedy Belly taking Ngannou lightly and therefore didn't train properly when it was clear that his performance looked bad because Francis Ngannou made him to look that way. He couldn't bully or out out grapple Ngannou who is physical extremely strong and is used to grappling and clinching in MMA the two main Greedy Belly's weapons. So, Greedy Belly performed at his usual level which was good enough to make him to look impressive vs guys like weak and poorly skilled one-trick pony Wilder and washed up Whyte. Besides, he said that he had a 6 weeks camp before the Francis Ngannou fight. So, all the talks by some fans is just an excuse IMO.

In my opinion Greedy Belly is the most overrated boxer in the history of the sport. Now that he's pushed to take a real challenge in Usyk he has been doing everything possible to avoid the cclash.First, an agreement on Usyk side but he withdrawed from the negotiation. And then he proposed a 70/30 purse split but was afraid to accept the same for the winner of the first fight in the rematch. That tells you how insecure he is vs Usyk.

Comment

I think there is no single explanation of why Fury struggled with Ngannou; rather there were a number of negative elements for Fury and positive elements for NGannou that diverged from where expectations were pre-fight.

I do think the trilogy with Wilder has taken something out of Fury.
                I also think Wilder is worse than people actually thought, so that people overestimated Fury for beating him twice.
                I think time/age is taking a toll on Fury's reflexes and fitness.
                I think because Ngannou comes from MMA and had never previously fought a pro boxing match that people underestimated how much boxing training he had behind him. But Ngannou first fought MMA at 27 and mainly trained for boxing before then.
                Even with the point about training above, I think Ngannou has straight up more talent for boxing than expected.

(And when I say "people" above, I include myself).

Overall, I still don't like the fight, because (a) it's a bit of a circus fight and (b) the involvement of the horrible Saudi regime.

But that all said, the match up is not without interest for the reasons discussed by Hatton in this article.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Its not just about firepower its about what you can take. Ngannou if anything hits even harder and has barely even flinched in a fight before never mind been rocked and put on his arse repeatedly including by smaller opponents. AJ is obviously the better boxer but unless he tries the Ruiz 2 gameplan (and even that isnt a guarantee because Ngannou is so much bigger and rangier with way more one shot power than the fatty) he could be in serious trouble.
                  Didnt Miocic have him on queer street a couple of times and he was 30lbs lighter, we have seen MMA punchers show little power in boxing, AJ is big and can punch and is a well schooled boxer, with big men of this size anything can happen but I feel AJ will drill him with straight hard shots.
                  4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Didnt Miocic have him on queer street a couple of times and he was 30lbs lighter, we have seen MMA punchers show little power in boxing, AJ is big and can punch and is a well schooled boxer, with big men of this size anything can happen but I feel AJ will drill him with straight hard shots.
                    Me too. I think he breaks Ngannou down hitting him over and over and over again with, as you say, straight hard shots.

If he can't break him though, I think it's going to fck with Joshua's fragile confidence and that won't go well.
                    Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X