Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner: "Jamaine Ortiz Won That, Horrible Decision"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

current female version of conor benn

both cleared by the wbc, what a shocker

MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

I may get shouted down for this but I will stand and say Lopez did nothing but chase Ortiz around the ring with Ortiz countering effectively. Normally I don't go with runners like that but this time I say Lopez has a swing and a miss mentality. His skills are quite lacking. Matais will destroy Lopez and so will many others. Yeah, I scored it for Ortiz too.

Comment

so baumgardner only watches boxing on thursday nights. interdesting! hans themistode bringing that journalistic fire, as usual

Comment

In women’s “boxing “ Jamaine would have got an Easy ud.Make the switch Jamaine.You’re too boring for men’s boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by macmike100 View Post
            I may get shouted down for this but I will stand and say Lopez did nothing but chase Ortiz around the ring with Ortiz countering effectively. Normally I don't go with runners like that but this time I say Lopez has a swing and a miss mentality. His skills are quite lacking. Matais will destroy Lopez and so will many others. Yeah, I scored it for Ortiz too.
            Nah, I saw it the same way. I saw no ring generalship nor effective aggression on the part of Lopez. Walking forward and missing with punches is neither. As others have pointed out, even when Teo waved Ortiz to come to him, Jamaine obliged and would throw a combination and get out.

I felt Ortiz did enough in the majority of the rounds to win the fight. I also don't get the notion that you have to win convincingly to beat the champ. We know that's not in the rules nor is it reality. Unfortunately, it has nothing do with who is champion but we often see that one has to win convincingly to defeat the "A-side" fighter (and often that's not even enough). It's not right and we shouldn't rationalize this behavior from judges.
            gauze gauze MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

all I gotta say is

Comment

Teo definitely lost. Teo was mostly swinging at air, suck at cutting off the ring and was getting hit a lot on the inside with combinations whenever he came close. He looked horrible.

Comment

So this bullchit that Teo landed way more punches is totally incorrect
                  At the end of the day Ortiz landed more jabs and punches to the body
                  Lopez edged him out by six power punches
                  Not really a masterpiece by anyone but don’t go around saying Lopez did much more cause that is totally inaccurate

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

That is factually incorrect by the rules. Boxing is scored on a round by round point system. There are zero rules about having to trade and stand in front of another fighter, or "go and take the championship". These are made up ideas that contribute to the awfulness of the scoring.

Ortiz outlanded Lopez in most of the rounds. He controlled the pace and ring. He hit Lopez with many clean shots, had Lopez turning his back at a few points to not get hit. Lopez stood in the corner and asked Ortiz to come and him....Ortiz walked over and tagged Lopez with a few hard shots and moved.

Lopez was scared to cut off the ring because Ortiz was too fast and was hitting Lopez each time he tired. Lopez could not deal with what was coming back, otherwise he would have made it ugly and trapped Ortiz. Ortiz, per the rules of boxing, won the fight by at least three rounds.

Loma beat Haney by at least three rounds as well. It was a corrupt decision.

I wish they would create new rules where guys lose a round if they don't trade, or where the "championship rounds hold more weight". It would make the sport infinitely more easy to judge and alot more action.

But the rules don't say that. And that is why boxing has become a corrupt joke.
                    "Boxing" and "rules" don't correlate . For some reason, it's the only sport that completely ignores it's own rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X