Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teo dropped out of the P4P RING ratings.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Roman and innoue both beat top fighters, Tank didn't. Beating a bunch of nobodies for interim belts shouldn't be praised but yet here we are. Tank has that built in American advantage. Like you said innoue and roman were relatively unknown even though they had great resumes while Tank is a big star without a resume.
    What great resume did Inoue have in 2019? Sorry? His resume was no better than Tank's is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      Ring is almost irrelevant these days. We need a Live channel (ProBoxTV, are you listening? )that posts their rankings WEEKLY and if not WEEKLY, give us MONTHLY. They discuss WHY they think the top 10 are in their respective rankings. Making justifiable cases. Only then would I care and agree/disagree. I mean, let's be real, P4P is opinion based anyway. There is no actual system to judge whose in what position other than probably majority agreement.
      Meh, I don't know about that when we got guy's like Paulie that are super emotionally charged and biased.

Comment

I can't believe he was actually in P4P rankings to begin with. His claim to fame is a win over Loma, which while deserved, had a ton more with Lomachenko. That dude threw 10 punches a round in the first 6, then woke up, beat the brakes off Teo, then stepped off the gas in the 12th. Not an impressive win by any means.

Besides that, Teo hasn't done anything. Got a gift vs. Ortiz, lost to Kambo, and a weirdly close fight vs Sandor. Oh, a good win vs. Commey.

But that is not a resume of a P4P fighter, and he sure as hell does not pass the eye test.
        messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Teo should be trying to fight guys in his division. haney came into his division now. He should be calling out Haney, Tank, Garcia ect tryign to get big fights with them. Instead for some reason he calls out Crawford who probably is moving up while Tank hasnt had a single fight at 147, there isnt any public demand for that fight.

Ring is also ******ed, they are weight people's past resumes too much. it isn a rating of people in their prime, its a rating of people where they are currently. its obvious as all hell that spence has fallen off and beating ugas who is old wasnt a huge deal anyways, so he shoudl fall off, what else are they rating him on so highly? him beating porter 5 years ago?

Also arhtur and bivol should be ahead of canelo. lets be real if they were the same size they still beat canelo, canelo looked sloppy at his own weight with ryder and 40 year old GGG. Arthur and bivol have been dominating guys.

There is also always this reluctance to rate heavyweights highly at p4p list since they are big which is strange because everyeone they are fighting is big. in Usyk's case he gives up 20-30 pounds in the ring, that is 10+% of his body weight. I assume the ring is counting usyk over dubois as a win, ignoring what to me was a body shot KO loss, so if that is true he should be higher than crawford.
          Last edited by elfag; 02-24-2024, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X