Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one that finds Beterbiev a little overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
    Overrated? Eh, if you want overrated right now, look no further than Ryan Garcia. Only thing I can say about Beterbiev is that he can get reckless sometimes.
    Overrated meaning 90% guys here expect him to knock Bivolīs head off.

I just donīt see it that way. I haven˙t seen anything from Beterbiev which would make me believe he wins this by a KO.

Beterbiev needs his best fight ever to win this.
    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 02-22-2024, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Overrated meaning 90% guys here expect him to knock Bivolīs head off.

I just donīt see it that way. I haven˙t seen anything from Beterbiev which would make me believe he wins this by a KO.

Beterbiev needs his best fight ever to win this.
      It's going to be a damn good fight, that's all I can say. Either Bivol puts on a masterclass boxing lesson or Beterbiev KO'es him. I'm picking Bivol to outbox Beterbiev in a close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Ok, but Beterbiev never faced a mover like Bivol.

We only know Beterbiev can land on slow statues.
        There seems to be some confusion between Bivol and Usyk (amateurs) as far as movement. Bivol has a wide stance and stands right in front of you. He doesn't angle like Usyk nor does he move fluently like young Erislandy Lara.

A good comparison b.c Canelo high guards a bit like Beterbiev and Beterbiev is mixing in shoe-shine punches with his power shots. He also keeps his lead foot pointed at you which allows him to maximize cutting the ring off or always face you.

Count each single clubbing punch Canelo lands and multiple times 3-5 because Beterbiev would be putting punches together when Bivol takes a break. Bivol will not be in perpetual motion the whole fight. That is unrealistic. There are points Canelo is throwing a double uppercut and a shot to the plexes before Bivol moves off of the ropes

The thing Bivol rips combos like Amir Khan but controlled and he knows when to get in and out but a very, very hittable.

Stylistically he isn't going to just go in and there and box circles around Beterbiev.

One needs to come in for his combos while the other guy's lead foot always keeps him in front of you. That's not a match-up where one guy just boxes to a 10-2 round victory.

Browne is a better comparison because Bivol is going to move away early and try to stay out of range vs fight Beterbiev up front like Yarde and Gvoz. Browne may not be a better boxer than Bivol but he is more athletic in terms of movement.
        Last edited by hhh1200; 02-22-2024, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X