Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Turki Alalshikh Responds To Gervonta Davis 'Two Ferraris' Comment: We Will Send You Two Gloves - That's It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to seriously like this Alalshikh guy.

Comment

Well said

some fighters think the Saudis are ****** and gonna just throw money at them.

From what ive seen, if you want big Saudi money, outside of some cross-over novelty fighters, then they're gonna make you fight a real opponent if you're high up on the card.

I'm sure they'll welcome Tank if hes willing to fight a competitive match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

Not even close. Crawford stock did rise significantly with that showcase victory over Spence. But he’s no where near the star that Tank is. Love him or hate him, the man is second biggest draw in all of boxing, behind only Canelo. A lot of people tend to forget the career struggles that Crawford as far as “getting what he felt he deserved”. It’s one of the biggest reasons he and Arum went their separate ways. Arum made comments about “he lost money on Crawford fights. Winning one big fight against Spence will change that I’m sure. But it doesn’t make him skyrocket to America’s biggest star fighter.
        Tank isn't close to Fury or AJ when it comes to worldwide fame in boxing.

Anybody who thinks he is are living in a bubble.

Canelo and Fury are the faces of boxing globally. AJ too, the only reason I put him a tiny bit behind is his reputation in USA isn't particularly great and he never did much there, but he's pretty much up there still. Usyk is a bigger name than Tank globally. Wilder is a bigger name globally although he's done.

Tank is a fantastic fighter but nobody outside certain demographics in USA care one bit about him. He could walk down any street in Europe, Asia and barely be recognised.

Fury and AJ fight in front of 80,000 or 90,000 people at their national stadium. I've no doubt Canelo could at the Azteca stadium. Tank couldn't come close to that.

Putting Tank alongside canelo and above people like Fury as the biggest names in boxing is the most laughable thing I've heard in a while. I dont think he's any bigger than the likes of Haney outside of USA.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-05-2024, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Tank got Turki slapped!
          bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Tank is a coward of course he isn't going to want anything to do with a real fight he's terrified of the fact he won't have total control over which local uber driver he will fight and what rehydration clause/what other advantages he wants. It's a good thing though probably saves a few women a beatdown after his little man syndrome ego is hurt after he loses to a real fighter.

Comment

And that .. is how to deal with a demanding toddler with zero class.

Comment

I’m glad “his excellency” responded that way. The royal house of saud needs to know that not everyone is going to bow, kiss the brass ring, and grovel at their feet. The Saudis can have their way with the European promoters and the biggest American promotion can stay right here in america for American fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  I’m glad “his excellency” responded that way. The royal house of saud needs to know that not everyone is going to bow, kiss the brass ring, and grovel at their feet. The Saudis can have their way with the European promoters and the biggest American promotion can stay right here in america for American fans.
                  I admire the hubris, but don't you at least wanna go steal their oil???

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post

I admire the hubris, but don't you at least wanna go steal their oil???
                    Nah, I think BP ruined that look with Libya….

Comment

If Turki wants Haney in Saudi Arabia, he should be on the phone with Bill Haney and Oscar De La Hoya!

Comment

Working...
                      X