Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Teofimo Lopez Grinds in Camp For Jamaine Ortiz Title Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

Beating Loma when he did, and dismantling Taylor wasn’t enough for you?! Tough critics these days!
    Not really. There are still great boxers in the division. Once you beat them you are truly the king. Thinking he is the best is different than actually "proving" he is the best.

I assume you consider him the King because he beat who was conside the King in the past. We never thought Kambosos was the King once he beat Teo. Or did you?
    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Not really. There are still great boxers in the division. Once you beat them you are truly the king. Thinking he is the best is different than actually "proving" he is the best.

I assume you consider him the King because he beat who was conside the King in the past. We never thought Kambosos was the King once he beat Teo. Or did you?
      I don’t really look at anyone as king. And I’m not really a Teo fan. But I see him as a young champion with two of the best wins in boxing right now. And in todays game where big fights expire time and time again, he’s one of the most REAL fighters out there. He wants that work. He can’t snap his fingers and have the scalp of every champion on his resume. Time has to elapse for that to happen. He ain’t a Munguia with 100 fights people never heard of. And he’s not 40 years old. So he’s top dogg in my book
      Murray Kelm Murray Kelm likes this.

Comment

I'd like to see him get consistent, and IMO he at minimum needs to beat Haney, and likely Matias to be considered the best of the guys around 135/140. Think Tank and Shakur are fading into irrelevance as they continue to not fight top guys, and Ryan's stock has fallen. I still am not sure Teo beats a Loma with 2 good arms, even faded as he seems to be now.

Comment

teo to some people is either the best in his division & to others a guy who is on the brink of a hissy fit retirement after a poor performance or falling over the line v some lower contender

Comment

Working...
          X