Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any upcoming prospects to watch out for? (2024)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Boxrec was horribly inaccurate when they first started doing pro records. They are horribly inaccurate with amateur records now since they are still just a couple yrs into collecting them.

People gotta quit bringing up boxrec amateur records for this reason. I've seen too many articles & ppl quoting some guy who went to the Olympics & his resume is filled with huge gaps was somehow 8-6. I also hate that they count walkovers as wins & losses. Loma, a guy known for losing only 1 am fight, is 94-2 as an am on boxrec cuz of a walkover L.

That said I think we all realize advertised am records are also inaccurate, but I do believe more often than not the advertised record is far more accurate than boxrec due to how incomplete these boxrec records are in many regions (oddly Cuban olympic level guys have among the most accurate records I've found).

/rant about boxrec amateur records.
    It is the best we have... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

It is the best we have... for now.
      Its the best for knowing specifics of ones record. Its horrible for knowing ones amateur record.

People gotta quit quoting it like its a fair representation of ones amateur record. It makes legit ppl look silly when ppl say Bud was 25-11 instead of 58-12 as an amateur or Monster was 14-5 instead of 75-6.

They are good at tracking widely reported tournaments but horrible at tracking local fights & lesser tournaments. As a guy whos followed MI amateur boxing for decades I see them leaving out Michigan & Detroit Golden Gloves results all the time, but they tend to have all the results for the National Golden Gloves as an easy example of whats left out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Its the best for knowing specifics of ones record. Its horrible for knowing ones amateur record.

People gotta quit quoting it like its a fair representation of ones amateur record. It makes legit ppl look silly when ppl say Bud was 25-11 instead of 58-12 as an amateur or Monster was 14-5 instead of 75-6.

They are good at tracking widely reported tournaments but horrible at tracking local fights & lesser tournaments. As a guy whos followed MI amateur boxing for decades I see them leaving out Michigan & Detroit Golden Gloves results all the time, but they tend to have all the results for the National Golden Gloves as an easy example of whats left out.
        I agree. But they are the best the boxing fan have. This is why I focus on major tournaments only.

Comment

Mirco Cuello (Argentina) (23 years old) (11-0, 10 KOs) (Super Bantamweight)

Pretty big puncher for the division, he is going to fight in the Tszyu vs Fundora undercard preliminaries along with prospects Curmel Moton and Adrian Naeves.

Juan Manuel Lopez De Jesus Jr (Puerto Rico) (18 years old) (has not debuted) (Flyweight)

Juan Manuel Lopez De Jesus Jr.jpg

Ari & Andrey Bonilla (Mexico) (both 18 years old) (have not debuted) (Flyweight and Super Flyweight)

They are Olympic hopefuls for Paris 2024, they are both highly touted in the country with having amateur records of (150-8) and (140-5).

Last edited by Feroz; 03-24-2024, 01:51 PM.

Comment

RBGA fighters trained by Robert Garcia to watch out for are:

Albert "Chop Chop" Gonzalez. (8-0, 4 KOs) (Featherweight) 22 years old.

Fun Fact: He is the brother of the late highly touted prospect Danny Gonzalez, who was a prospect from Mayweather Promotions.

Leonardo Ruiz Acevedo (14-0, 8 KOs) (Light Middleweight) 25 years old.

Comment

Working...
            X