No announcement yet.

If Saul is gonna duck Benavidez and Munguia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I don't get why we haven't heard either one of them petition the sanctioning organizations for their shot.

Some people are trotting out Mbilli, but he's already turned down a shot against Morrell.
    They probably prefer to attempt diplomacy initially. Boxing is a very cliquey business where you can easily find yourself out in the cold if you upset the wrong people.

It was interesting to hear Jack Catterall's comments before the Taylor fight, saying he was effectively compelled to not push for his WBO mandatory status too soon and risk upsetting those invested in the unification tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Good chance David retires him
      Ironic no ?
      Thats a possibility for sure, that fights a real shootout they both aggressive, one of those wear and tear fights, I like his chances against DB rather than with good boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Thats a possibility for sure, that fights a real shootout they both aggressive, one of those wear and tear fights, I like his chances against DB rather than with good boxers.
        I just see to much demotion in Canelo as of late
        He’ll hit the Charlo and maybe another non descript fighter and hopefully retire
        That would open up the division in a million ways
        New blood is needed instead of all these fighters chasing a paycheque
        Roadblock Roadblock likes this.

Comment

If Munguia fights the same approach as he did with Ryder last night against Canelo, it would be a terrible game plan. I saw many openings for counters that Canelo would exploit and we all know the forementioned is great at counter-punching.

I'm not saying this as a Canelo fan, I'm trying to be realistic with my approach. I think Canelo wins this fight easily against Munguia, his style is a bad match up for Canelo.

David Benavidez on the other hand, will definitely give Canelo troubles imo. I can see why Canelo has been avoiding him all these years.
          Last edited by Quiksilva; 01-29-2024, 03:55 AM.
          Oracle01 Oracle01 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X