Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Schofield Tabbed For March 16 Return on Zepeda-Hughes Undercard; Opponent TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Schofield Tabbed For March 16 Return on Zepeda-Hughes Undercard; Opponent TBA

Floyd Schofield will at least maintain his desired in-ring activity level. A quick turnaround is in store for the unbeaten lightweight, who revealed that he will return to the ring on a March 16 DAZN show from The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. An opponent was not yet confirmed for the fight, which will land on the undercard of the already announced William Zepeda-Maxi Hughes WBA/IBF lightweight dual title eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

With Jo Jo swerving, I can't think of a decent opponent they can find for Schofield? Could Oscar get Denys Berinchyk for Schofield?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      With Jo Jo swerving, I can't think of a decent opponent they can find for Schofield? Could Oscar get Denys Berinchyk for Schofield?
      With Abdullaev having a fight already scheduled, maybe Thonson? Has a strong ranking in the WBA where Floyd is number 5. I think that's by far Floyd's highest ranking so makes sense to go that direction.

Comment

Berinchyk is going to get a vacant shot you would think, probably against Angel Fierro if Isaac Cruz is going up to 140. That's very winnable (although I don't rate either fighter highly) and so whatever he can get for a Schofield fight now, he could get 3-4x with a belt on the line against him or someone else looking for a belt (or even a unification).
        Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

I think it's too early for pickiness. Schofield is a 21-year old prospect with 16 fights. GBP just needs to keep him very busy like they've been doing. 2025 is probably the year where they'll start stepping him up.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 01-28-2024, 11:14 AM.
          Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Hey Floyd check all your emails that end with @goldenboy.com and make sure you didn't accidentally get any company emails where they were calling you and your dad the "N" word. They're known for doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
              Hey Floyd check all your emails that end with @goldenboy.com and make sure you didn't accidentally get any company emails where they were calling you and your dad the "N" word. They're known for doing that!
              If it's from Bernard Hopkins, it's Ok,right?
              Last edited by boxingitis; 01-28-2024, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X