Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Ryder: I Didn't Win The Canelo Fight; Came Away A Winner From The Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Ryder: I Didn't Win The Canelo Fight; Came Away A Winner From The Performance

John Ryder realizes he won while losing the biggest fight of his career 8 1/2 months ago. The scorecards reflect Ryder wasn't all that competitive with Canelo Alvarez in their 12-round, 168-pound championship clash. The resilient Ryder displayed gumption after suffering a broken nose just before the second round ended, however,
    [Click Here To Read More]

Showed a good chin which allowed him to land some really nice counters, unfortunately his lack of punching power showed through as well. Fortunately, some fighters on their way up are looking for fighters who are not dangerous punchers.

that said, I think Ryder will give Munguia a run for his money. Ryder has at least as much pop as Derevyanchenko and he was able to rock Munguia more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Showed a good chin which allowed him to land some really nice counters, unfortunately his lack of punching power showed through as well. Fortunately, some fighters on their way up are looking for fighters who are not dangerous punchers.

that said, I think Ryder will give Munguia a run for his money. Ryder has at least as much pop as Derevyanchenko and he was able to rock Munguia more than once.
      And GGG's power was very apparent in his three fights with Canelo

Comment

I thought he did well. Probably would have done even better if Canelo didn't smash his nose to smithereens on what was it - the 2nd round?

I have always liked Ryder's style. He's probably not world class but his fights are typically quite fun. Bit undersized and underpowered at the top top level at 168 probably
        Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-27-2024, 09:28 PM.

Comment

''At least he didn't KMTFO.'' award

Comment

Working...
          X