Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What say you - is Munguia a star? (He seems to think he is)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What say you - is Munguia a star? (He seems to think he is)

image.png

Or does John Ryder (who NSB called a bum, BTW) upset the apple cart for Oscar like Tank did against Ryan?

Munguia isn’t a star. A win over Ryder won’t make him one either.

Comment

Fun fighter to watch.
      But a star... No.

Comment

i dunno about the southwestern border states, but over here on the east coast the average person walking down the street doesn't even know who canelo is nevermind this guy

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          i dunno about the southwestern border states, but over here on the east coast the average person walking down the street doesn't even know who canelo is nevermind this guy
          You need to raise your average above the Mendoza line.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
            Munguia isn’t a star. A win over Ryder won’t make him one either.
            It won't but it's a baby step in the right direction
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Man, here in Europe it is hard to call Canelo a star, not to mention Munguia, lol.

Comment

There are very few boxing ¨stars¨ in the sport and Munguia's definetly not one of them

Comment

Hes in the 400k-600k gate revenue range. Thats not great for a guy whos been main eventing as long as Munguia has + been pushed as hard as he has.

To me if you aren't doing at least 1M in gate revenue you aren't a star. 500k is star potential if you are just main eventing a few times or young. Munguia is still young-ish at 27, but hes been main eventing for like 6yrs.
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

You need to raise your average above the Mendoza line.
                    i'm not sure what this means. shouldn't it be the mexican fighters' jobs to make sure the people who live above the mendoza line know who they are? people living above the mendoza line just aren't that into boxing like how the people who live above the mason dixon line aren't that into grits. canelo is just not as popular as you guys on here think when it comes to people living outside of california/texas. the people who know who boxers are, are the people who watch boxing. none of these guys are on a mike tyson/muhammad ali level...or even de la hoya in the 90s

Comment

Working...
                    X