Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gabriela Fundora Focused on Cruz, Still Hopeful Of Undisputed: 'Exciting To Know It's Within Reach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

this whole line of thought is weird. The women aren't fighting men.
    I was building an argument against some other guy who was white knighting. You are taking my comment out of context.

My ultimate goal was to assert that, at least in the sport of boxing, women do not have enough physical ability to pose enough risk to one another to make their contests entertaining or theatrical or engaging in any meaningful way. And that if men’s boxing wasn’t effectively subsidizing their events, professional women’s boxing wouldn’t be able to generate enough revenue to exist at all.

Comment

Originally posted by sirculturevulture View Post

I was building an argument against some other guy who was white knighting. You are taking my comment out of context.

My ultimate goal was to assert that, at least in the sport of boxing, women do not have enough physical ability to pose enough risk to one another to make their contests entertaining or theatrical or engaging in any meaningful way. And that if men’s boxing wasn’t effectively subsidizing their events, professional women’s boxing wouldn’t be able to generate enough revenue to exist at all.
      Ann Wolfe was plenty entertaining. Never heard of her? It's because you dismiss women's boxing. I'm fine with women's boxing. Part of the problem with women's fights is that there are only 2 minute rounds. Last night's fight with Gabby Fundora would have likely had an earlier KO if it had longer rounds. Anyway, women's boxing exists. Nobody says you have to watch it. Going out of your way to criticize it online makes you look like a misogynist or an incel.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

Ann Wolfe was plenty entertaining. Never heard of her? It's because you dismiss women's boxing. I'm fine with women's boxing. Part of the problem with women's fights is that there are only 2 minute rounds. Last night's fight with Gabby Fundora would have likely had an earlier KO if it had longer rounds. Anyway, women's boxing exists. Nobody says you have to watch it. Going out of your way to criticize it online makes you look like a misogynist or an incel.
        First, you take my comment out of context. Now you’re telling me that I shouldn’t speak my mind because I’ll appear to be something I’m not?

Tell you what — I’ll keep questioning and combatting negative values and programs in my culture and you can keep watching women’s boxing. Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by sirculturevulture View Post

First, you take my comment out of context. Now you’re telling me that I shouldn’t speak my mind because I’ll appear to be something I’m not?

Tell you what — I’ll keep questioning and combatting negative values and programs in my culture and you can keep watching women’s boxing. Deal?
          No, I prefer to mock you. Women's boxing exists. Companies think they can build an audience by including women's boxing on their cards. If you don't like it, it's easy to miss. It's usually lower on most cards, so you just tune in later. Nobody is forcing you to watch. You're literally crying about it online. Boxing promoters have already decided that it brings eyeballs to the sport.
          Last edited by wrecksracer; 01-29-2024, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X