Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Beterbiev: Bivol Had Canelo On the Ropes and Wouldn't Pull Trigger; With Artur That's a Whole Different Program

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

People don`t understand this.

Yes, Beterbiev is more dangerous than anybody Bivol fought. But Bivol is also better boxer than anybody Beterbiev fought.
    So let's agree this is a fight for the ages... Whatever Horse you got in this is a valuable choice... Bivol will absolutely bend, fold and submit though ... It's written somewhere in the Grand Boxing Book of Odds... Nothing you can do about that... Still a Premium-5 Stars fight for us mortal boxing fans... Boxing wins with matchups like that ...
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

So let's agree this is a fight for the ages... Whatever Horse you got in this is a valuable choice... Bivol will absolutely bend, fold and submit though ... It's written somewhere in the Grand Boxing Book of Odds... Nothing you can do about that... Still a Premium-5 Stars fight for us mortal boxing fans... Boxing wins with matchups like that ...
      Man, guys like you are so sure in Beterbiev that I must feel sorry for you.

Comment

Man, guys like you are so sure in Beterbiev that I must feel sorry for you.

It's called Darwinism ... Look at your pic in your sig....All those times when Ginger backed up in the ropes... You really believe Ginger would still be alive if you switch Bivol for Beterbiev ? Be honest pal....
        MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Good for you that you watch Bivol. But I guess you are more impressed with Beterbiev`s KO-s.

Well, I can actually see Bivol winning by a KO this one. Why? Beterbiev is very aggressive fighter. And Bivol is a master in turning someone`s aggression against him.

Ramirez and Arthur both fought in survival mode for 12 rounds fighting Bivol. Beterbiev won`t. I say it again, if Beterbiev becomes too brave, Bivol stops him.
          Care to explain which boxers has Bivol turned their aggression against them
          Bicol ain’t stopping chit
          The last time he stopped a fighter was in 2018 , six years ago
          Try again , big fan

Comment

I'd say Beterbiev has most of the advantages versus Bivol. He has routinely faced bigger guys as an amateur, and as a pro has reduced everyone he's fought to a pile laying on the mat. On sheer power I'm not sure Bivol can hurt him. He definitely can and probably will hurt Bivol.

The one advantage I think Bivol has is that Bivol can be a sharpshooter, a highly accurate sharpshooter. He probably is the best sharpshooter out there right now besides maybe Terrance Crawford. Power is usually greater than it seems from sharpshooters who are fast and accurate. When Callum Johnson dropped Beterbiev, he never saw the punch coming. It completely caught him unprepared. That is what Bivol will HAVE to do, and more than just one time. He will need to catch Beterbiev multiple times unprepared to get him in trouble. Then again, a fast, accurate punch can do more damage than expected if you land it. Maybe a shot or two could do it, Johnson did it in one.

If I were Bivol, I would prepare to be very hard and tough to the body (like Ali prepared for Foreman). Able to take a pounding and keep on ticking. The return fire from Beterbiev will be heavy-handed, and it won't stop unless you stun him or hurt him. Callum Johnson had Beterbiev vulnerable but didn't or couldn't step on the gas and take full advantage. Beterbiev recovered within a round and resumed his own damaging attack. Bivol has to be fast and effective, and tough as nails to get it done. And fearless. If you get Beterbiev in trouble, you BETTER be ready to step on the gas unrelenting for a few rounds. I thought Bivol, after Joe Smith hurt him, upped his power and accuracy. It brought more dog out of him (after he recovered).

Can Bivol do it? I think he has the footwork, skills, defense, and accuracy to (possibly) get it done, but he's gonna need to be very tough and able to take harder punches than he's ever felt to get there. I don't think Beterbiev has ever faced anyone who will be as able to hit him as Bivol. His reaction to that (if Bivol can do it) will be very interesting. Iron men usually fold fast when suddenly a fighter with power can hit them and hurt them (again Ali/Foreman). Can Bivol do it? Can up the power on his shots? Will his defense/offense keep him in the fight?

A great matchup!

Comment

Working...
            X