No announcement yet.

The "I sincerely wish Wilder well" thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "I sincerely wish Wilder well" thread

No sarcasm, totally sincere. I wish the guy well and don't wish to see him fight again. I think he's likely to get knocked out. He seems to have found peace from his psychedelic retreat and there's no reason for him to continue boxing.

Not the greatest, but far from the worst. Would have been nice to see an AJ - Wilder fight at one point but that ship sailed. The argument over who's to blame is uninteresting. I'll sign off with this quote from deathofaclown which I think sums things up nicely.

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

That's my feeling

I don't think he was ever really gonna fight 3 months after coming off a loss when he was talking about needing to rediscover the fighter in himself. I think he's contemplating retirement.

he's been champ, made a fortune, got a young family, heading towards 40 and clearly finished at a high level. It's time to retire.

but will he? I don't think he was ever gonna fight again so soon. But he's still a big name, so in 6 months time and Saudi come calling again because of his profile, the Saudi money will probably tempt him again.

I'd imagine in the next few years we are going see a few fighters that should be retiring and still accepting Saudi money to be stepping stones because they're huge names with not much left in the tank....

Whatever he does, for someone that walked into a boxing gym late to get money for his daughters medical condition to becoming an Olympic bronze medalist, WBC champ and now made a pile of money, fair play I say, he absolutely smashed it.

Wilder-AJ went stale a few years ago, it’s gone completely off now. Ironically that was both guys best opportunity at undisputed too but collectively they blew it.

I agree with the OP, Wilder clearly isn’t the same fighter he once was, I see no value in him fighting again. Enjoy retirement.

Comment

**** that ****. He needs to fight at least one more like himself. **** off with this kumbaya bull****. Live by the sword and ****. You can't come in talking about bodies and leave talking about love. I mean he can, but I will hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        **** that ****. He needs to fight at least one more like himself. **** off with this kumbaya bull****. Live by the sword and ****. You can't come in talking about bodies and leave talking about love. I mean he can, but I will hate.
        Maybe it's just an act, and he's actually about to release more ferocity and destruction than ever before!

Comment

He has been one of the most exciting fighters of the last decade.

Which is something special because he can't f.ucking box.
          SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

LMFAO never a more true quote ironically trying to turn him into a boxer ruined him.

Windmill Wilder was his peak.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Prime Windmill was a thing of beauty and awe.

Thanks for the memories champ!

Go well...

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                Prime Windmill was a thing of beauty and awe.

Thanks for the memories champ!

Go well...
                Changed him to waste so much energy dancing around the ring and jabbing to the body.

Comment

Certainly won’t be a bad thing if he’s gone in the wind
                  New horizons

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

Amazing, wasn't he? But he had to have some kind of skill to be able to set up that killer right. Not much, but some kind.

Comment

Working...
                    X