Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bozy Ennis Urging Crawford To Pick Up The Phone if Spence Rematch is Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bozy Ennis Urging Crawford To Pick Up The Phone if Spence Rematch is Off

Both Jaron and Derek "Bozy" Ennis got tired of holding their breath. The father-son duo knew it was a long shot but they had a bit of hope that after Terence Crawford and Errol Spence Jr. fulfilled their two-fight deal, that Jaron would get the next shot at whomever was the undisputed champ. Now, they've gone from hopeful to pessimistic.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As much as I'd love to see that fight in general & as a Boots fan there are almost no reasons for Bud to fight Boots esp considering hes in his mid 30's & probably a fight or two from retirement.

If I'm in Bud's shoes I'm definitely aiming towards a big money fight. And if none present themselves I think retiring is a superior move than fighting Boots. Leaving on the Errol W is a great last fight. Leaving fighting a young hungry lion, that I & others think is a bad mfer, & having a tough fight, a losing night or even some easy night vs a guy many will say was an unproven guy isn't gonna do him many favors with his rep or bank account.

Comment

They've each only had six months to talk on Twitter. Like most American boxers, they will need at least another six months of Twitter talk before they'll arrange a fight. And even then, it most likely won't be a fight anyone's interested in.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world boxing community gets on with fighting. Australia, Japan, Saudi - all thriving scenes with barely an American in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        As much as I'd love to see that fight in general & as a Boots fan there are almost no reasons for Bud to fight Boots esp considering hes in his mid 30's & probably a fight or two from retirement.

If I'm in Bud's shoes I'm definitely aiming towards a big money fight. And if none present themselves I think retiring is a superior move than fighting Boots. Leaving on the Errol W is a great last fight. Leaving fighting a young hungry lion, that I & others think is a bad mfer, & having a tough fight, a losing night or even some easy night vs a guy many will say was an unproven guy isn't gonna do him many favors with his rep or bank account.
        I agree 100%! That said, is there anyone worth fighting for Boots @ 147? I don't see anyone Boots could beat, that would make the public understand just how great a talent he is? If he was to beat any of the Champoions at 140, who move up, they'll just say they were too small! I think he should move to 154 ASAP, and chase fights with Ramos, Zayas, Ortiz Jr., Spence, and Tszyu!

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
          They've each only had six months to talk on Twitter. Like most American boxers, they will need at least another six months of Twitter talk before they'll arrange a fight. And even then, it most likely won't be a fight anyone's interested in.

Meanwhile, the rest of the world boxing community gets on with fighting. Australia, Japan, Saudi - all thriving scenes with barely an American in sight.
          What were the Top 5 fights of 2023?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            What were the Top 5 fights of 2023?
            What's your criteria for "top fights"? If it's PPV numbers then you'll probably want to include Davis - Garcia even though they were in reality hyped contenders.
            dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

What's your criteria for "top fights"? If it's PPV numbers then you'll probably want to include Davis - Garcia even though they were in reality hyped contenders.
              Let me make easier. What were YOUR top 5 fights of 2023?

DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

No smoke and his team never wanted to fight Crawford, now they are trying to call him out.

No smoke should move to 154, no arm chair fans have ever heard of him for a reason he doesn't fight anyone they have heard of, no smoke is he name!
                ptek ptek likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I agree 100%! That said, is there anyone worth fighting for Boots @ 147? I don't see anyone Boots could beat, that would make the public understand just how great a talent he is? If he was to beat any of the Champoions at 140, who move up, they'll just say they were too small! I think he should move to 154 ASAP, and chase fights with Ramos, Zayas, Ortiz Jr., Spence, and Tszyu!
                  Stanionis or Thurman,

He should at least defend his title once.

Ennis needs to be way more active. He could take a leaf out if Tszyu's book
                  Last edited by SteveM; 01-21-2024, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuckle sandwich View Post
                    No smoke and his team never wanted to fight Crawford, now they are trying to call him out.

No smoke should move to 154, no arm chair fans have ever heard of him for a reason he doesn't fight anyone they have heard of, no smoke is he name!
                    Boots has been calling Crawford out directly for at least a year. Even on a dial in for a radio show.

Comment

Working...
                    X