Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious...how young is too young in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious...how young is too young in boxing?

I keep hearing this he too young doe, he not ready yet doe, he needs more fights doe (meaning more insignificant fights)...

I think it's more about experience than youth. A young Tito was wrecking men when he was in his early 20s. Though he had real good experience.

I could say in contrary, a young Canelo in his early 20s already had like 40 fights was still inexperienced in comparison to how much he's gotten since by facing serious competition. Those were mostly 40 cabbies and taco vendors.

The only time I would perhaps use he was too young in comparison is if you had a young dude (let's say 19-21) with experience facing an older in his prime dude (let's say 29-32). If the experience levels out, then you can factor in, grown man strength/tendons/bones. Though we don't see that often these days.

Comment

its a good excuse for a duck quite often, as in no point in fighting him hes too young, or my guy doesnt have to fight this more experience guy, hes still too young

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        I think it's more about experience than youth. A young Tito was wrecking men when he was in his early 20s. Though he had real good experience.

I could say in contrary, a young Canelo in his early 20s already had like 40 fights was still inexperienced in comparison to how much he's gotten since by facing serious competition. Those were mostly 40 cabbies and taco vendors.

The only time I would perhaps use he was too young in comparison is if you had a young dude (let's say 19-21) with experience facing an older in his prime dude (let's say 29-32). If the experience levels out, then you can factor in, grown man strength/tendons/bones. Though we don't see that often these days.
        Canelo faced #1 Floyd Mayweather at 23, how's that?

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
          Canelo faced #1 Floyd Mayweather at 23, how's that?
          I think everyone agreed, he was too green (inexperienced) and that is why the fight was made.

Comment

- - Canelo turned pro age 15 and was mostly thrown against young, full growed MEN with good records, not little scabbies like you.

Made his American debut against Shane's Daddy trained cousin, 28 yr old Larry Mosley who had an extensive success as an ama as seen here: Larry Mosley - BoxRec​.

Lar never fought again as you would do well to never comment on Canelo after being exposed as out of your class and lane.
            MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

I always follow the old adage....

"If theres grass on the wicket....its ok to play cricket".

Comment

I think everyone agreed, he was too green (inexperienced) and that is why the fight was made.
                So too green (inexperienced) but not too young?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Canelo turned pro age 15 and was mostly thrown against young, full growed MEN with good records, not little scabbies like you.

Made his American debut against Shane's Daddy trained cousin, 28 yr old Larry Mosley who had an extensive success as an ama as seen here: Larry Mosley - BoxRec​.

Lar never fought again as you would do well to never comment on Canelo after being exposed as out of your class and lane.
                  Are you serious? Larry Mosley? Why not bring up Cotto's brother at least? That was more honorable even though Canelo got rocked in that fight.

The point still stands, Canelo can be 15, facing a bunch of nobodies with padded records in their late 20s or even late 30s. They don't bring quality and that was what the discussion was about.

Comment

Are you serious? Larry Mosley? Why not bring up Cotto's brother at least? That was more honorable even though Canelo got rocked in that fight.

The point still stands, Canelo can be 15, facing a bunch of nobodies with padded records in their late 20s or even late 30s. They don't bring quality and that was what the discussion was about.
                    - - You wallowing in a pig sty again. 15 yr old Canelo 2-0 beat 19 yr old Miguel Vazquez​ in his debut, and 2 years later age 17 whooped Vasquez, now at 21-2. Vasquez would go on to be a long time contender as well as a decent champion.

Dude, quit U Hog Wallow and learn some boxing. Hate to see young fellers drown in wallers of they own shyte. Very unbecoming not to mention pheeeewee!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X