No announcement yet.

I have a feeling Bivol - Beterbiev winner will be thrown to Opetaia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a feeling Bivol - Beterbiev winner will be thrown to Opetaia

That is logical, there is really nobody else to fight at 175.

Sure Opetaia beats them both, he is too big and too strong, but it will be a legacy move.

nobody is throwing the winner.

they have the leverage. they will be millionaires with an undefeated HOF career. they don't have to do a damn thing.

bivol is too small for cruiserweight.

Comment

Bivol and Beterbiev do not have the frames to go up 25 lbs in one fight. This is insane. Gilberto is far bigger and rehydrates more and his is KO waiting to happen at CW. This is not standard 4-8 lb jump between classes

Comment

If anyone is changing classes, it's going to be Opetaia. I think he takes on Billam-Smith if he beats Briedis again. Why? Because the WBO belt would give him the power to jump the line and fight the heavyweight WBO champ, which might even be for undisputed. He's likely chasing Usyk here, not looking to beat on some tiny dudes.

If Beterbiev wins v Bivol he probably retires. If Bivol wins, I think he tries for the Canelo rematch, maybe at 168 with Saudi backing.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
          Bivol and Beterbiev do not have the frames to go up 25 lbs in one fight. This is insane. Gilberto is far bigger and rehydrates more and his is KO waiting to happen at CW. This is not standard 4-8 lb jump between classes
          I think it's 15 pounds buddy 175 to 190 just over a stone in weight it's easily doable for two boxers in there mid 30s who have been at light heavy all career.
          JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Apparently Turki al Sheikh said that's the fight he wants to make next.
            JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

If Beterbiev wins v Bivol he probably retires. If Bivol wins, I think he tries for the Canelo rematch, maybe at 168 with Saudi backing.
              Maybe. But I don˙t think Canelo needs Saudi money.

I wonder if Bivol -Beterbiev has a rematch clause that both guys can activate. It would be logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post

I think it's 15 pounds buddy 175 to 190 just over a stone in weight it's easily doable for two boxers in there mid 30s who have been at light heavy all career.
                the correct weight is 200 lbs. canelo wanted to drain the african guy down to 190 for his belts but he found he couldnt compete at 175
                t

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

the correct weight is 200 lbs. canelo wanted to drain the african guy down to 190 for his belts but he found he couldnt compete at 175
                  t
                  My bad I thought it got changed couple years ago

"WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has revealed that the World Boxing Council has created a new weight class at 224-pounds, and changed the cruiserweight limit of 200-lbs to 190-lbs. Mauricio hasn’t given a name to the new 224-lb division. He says that will be revealed later".

Source: WBC Creates New 224-lb Division, Cruiserweight Now 190-lbs - Boxing News 24 (https://www.************.com/2020/10...0-lbs/)​

Comment

Bivol already talked about fighting Opetaia. even if he loses, he will lose nothing. He gets money and respect of boxing community This is what is about boxing, taking challenges. Top guys do it. Bivol would fight Opetaia even if he loses to Beterbiev.

Comment

Working...
                    X