Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erick Rosa Vacates WBA 'Regular' Strawweight Title, Will Now Campaign At Junior Flyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erick Rosa Vacates WBA 'Regular' Strawweight Title, Will Now Campaign At Junior Flyweight

Erick Rosa has moved on from a years-long pursuit to upgrade his version of the strawweight title. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that Dominican Republic's Rosa has officially vacated the WBA 'Regular' belt. The development puts to an end several failed attempts to secure a title consolidation bout versus Thailand's Thammanoon Niyomtrong, the long-reigning WBA 'Super' titlist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

MusoMeanderings and MoonCheese - I make that three 'regular' belts remaining: 147, 168 and heavy. Plus there's an 'interim' at 140.

Comment

Good deal, thanks dan-b.
      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
        MusoMeanderings and MoonCheese - I make that three 'regular' belts remaining: 147, 168 and heavy. Plus there's an 'interim' at 140.
        Seems obvious Crawford won't return to 147, so that one will take care of itself.
        dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Rosa is a complete fraud. Trying to con fans into considering him a "world champion". What a joke. He's just a totally unproven novice. He would be outclassed by Niyomtrong, and be destroyed by Kenshiro Teraji. He won't fight Teraji, though. He'll look for a weaker belt holder. I suppose the WBA will create some phony belt for him again. He seems to be a WBA favorite.

Comment

The BIG question is, will the WBA just consider this regular tile eliminated or vacant?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post
              The BIG question is, will the WBA just consider this regular tile eliminated or vacant?
              It's mentioned in my story. No more 'Regular' or 'Super' at 105.
              "With Rosa’s move to junior flyweight, the WBA is now down to four secondary titleholders as part of its ongoing title reduction campaign. Neither the ‘Super’ nor ‘Regular’ title will exist at strawweight, as Niyomtrong (24-0, 9KOs)— better known to you and your friends as Knockout CP Freshmart—will be simply recognized as the lone WBA strawweight titlist."

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby817 View Post
                Per the WBA's website:
                Now, Thailand’s Thamanoon Niyomtrong is left as the only champion in the minimum division.
                https://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-new...ve-up-in-class

Comment

Working...
                X