Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Optimistic Beterbiev-Bivol Will Happen, Expects Saudi Arabia To Stage It In Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Optimistic Beterbiev-Bivol Will Happen, Expects Saudi Arabia To Stage It In Summer

Another highly anticipated undisputed championship could be headed for the Middle East. Immediately after Artur Beterbiev, the unified WBO, WBC, and IBF light heavyweight champion, demolished challenger Callum Smith in seven rounds on Saturday night at Centre Videotron in Quebec City, Beterbiev's promoter, Bob Arum, indicated that a potential full unification bout between his charge and Dmitry Bivol, the WBA titlist, could materialize later this year in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

To me this is the biggest fight in boxing. 2 undefeated battle tested champions. One is a sniper and the other an assassin. I think I’m going with the sniper, Bivol. He is so fast and moves a lot that I think he can make beterbiev miss. Beterbiev does apply a lot of pressure though so Bivol would have to be on his A game for sure.

Comment

Fu.ck Usyk - Fury, give me this.

Comment

This should be an excellent fight. It's nice that the Saudis are making the fights that we want to see happen. I wonder though if the typical Saudi citizen is a boxing fan . Is boxing bog with the people there ? Or is it just an opportunity for some wealthy people to hobnob with the ruling family ? Not that I care , I just want to see good fights. Does anyone on this site live there in Saudi Arabia ? Can you answer the questions ?

Comment

Oh man everything has to be made by the Saudis now. I could see more boxers fight even less often waiting for the Saudi oil money offer. This sport is fk'd.
          cmwiza cmwiza likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
            Oh man everything has to be made by the Saudis now. I could see more boxers fight even less often waiting for the Saudi oil money offer. This sport is fk'd.
            Finally we are getting fights we want, what is there to complain about?

Flap Mr WorldWide likes this.

Comment

2024 would be one of the best years in boxing in the last 10 years if all 3 of Fury-Usyk, Bivol-Beterbiev, and Canelo-Benavidez can happen.

140-147 also has some fights that need to get done but it seems the fighters there are more into talking and tweeting.

Comment

aaahhh so thats the secret, getting top guys in divisions to fight each other, pay them much much more money, who would have thought

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Finally we are getting fights we want, what is there to complain about?
                  The heavyweight division won’t even look at each other unless some despotic Arab state fund cuts a check. This isn’t a sign of a healthy sport but an exclamation mark of how bad things are.
                  Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwiza View Post

The heavyweight division won’t even look at each other unless some despotic Arab state fund cuts a check. This isn’t a sign of a healthy sport but an exclamation mark of how bad things are.
                    That is true. But at least they fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X