Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mahmoud Charr-Kubrat Pulev WBA 'Regular' Heavyweight Title Fight Tabbed For March in Bulgaria

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    You know when Dereck Chisora turns it down at this point in his career it is a complete farce. The winner becomes WBA mandatory which won’t happen for awhile unless belts become vacant. I am actually a little surprised Chisora wouldn’t hop on this fight. It goes to show you he has some integrity. Charr/Miller had 2 purse bids cancelled due to no offers from any promoter at the purse bids. Not even Charr’s own team put in a bid. I was almost certain the WBA said that Charr had to defend it twice before he would be eligible for his mandatory shot at the “real” WBA belt.Wilder should have went in & smashed him. I wonder who else turned it down besides Chisora? Edit… In September the WBA said 2 mandatories would have to take place. Charr/Miller winner would have to make a mandatory defence against an opponent they name at a future date. I’m not sure if that is still the case for the winner of Charr & Pulev. Even at 42 I expect Pulev to win this fight.
    Chisora doesn't care about belts at this point he just wants to fight where he's gonna make the most money. That's all he's staying in boxing for an fighting charr for that Mickey mouse belt unless it was gonna be Saudi or something where's he's gonna earn the most he wasn't gonna take that. But I agree they should of stuck wilder in with charr instead of parker in hindsight that was a risky match up with a massive fight on the horizon definitely more risky than Joshua facing wallin who joshua has shared a ring with quite a few times so they knew what they was getting into. but they just all assumed wilder was gonna land a knockout punch it was pretty arrogant of them tbh and it backfired on them.
    joe strong joe strong likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Even better for them. Again, these guys know what are they doing.
      Pulev is not ranked by any of the sanctioning bodies, I don't see how the WBA can justify sanctioning this. Hopefully it gets rejected.

Comment

At last the fans have been rewarded. A six year plus reign!

Comment

Thought they had both long retired.

Comment

Finally we get this dream matchup, and the winner gets the fight of the millenium against ... Mariusz Wach!

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
              I'd rather watch paint dry than these two fight
              Drying paint would probably win a decision against Charr.

Comment

Pulev and Charr want a shot at the WBA title.

WBA give their title to shots.

Comment

Justice for Fres! He needs to get his title shot.
                  body_sz body_sz likes this.

Comment

Maybe Charr and Pulev could tag team to do alternating rounds against Opetaia.

Thatd be an easy 2 rounder for Jai and a lot more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Justice for Fres! He needs to get his title shot.
                      This is great!

Comment

Working...
                      X