Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora: "I Don't Think Deontay Wilder Wants To Fight Anymore"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derek Chisora: "I Don't Think Deontay Wilder Wants To Fight Anymore"

Joseph Parker felt like a sacrificial lamb. He may have strolled to the ring with all of the confidence in the world but few were expecting him to do much against Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Joseph Parker felt like a sacrificial lamb. He may have strolled to the ring with all of the confidence in the world but few were expecting him to do much against Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Deontay Wilder was supposed to beat Joseph Parker in flying colors.
    Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Wilder pulled off an amazing feat getting as far as he did with no skill. He had all the technique and ring IQ of a backyard boxer, and he managed to parlay that into tens of millions of dollars, fighting 90% cans and never beating a top guy. Ortiz was the closest he came, and Ortiz was 50 and not much more than a puncher himself, albeit with a bit more skill than Wilder.

All in all, Wilder won the lottery with the right hand. I was never a fan because he was terrible and because he is an idiot that makes the dumbest excuses possible, and he whines and never takes responsibility for his shortcomings. That said, he got into the ring and fought, and his trilogy with Fury was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrider View Post
        Deontay Wilder was supposed to beat Joseph Parker in flying colors.
        Anyone who knew boxing well knew Parker should have been the favorite.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Joseph Parker: Stats & Stakes - Boxing Forum (boxingscene.com)
        Hitmon Hitmon BoxOfficer BoxOfficer like this.

Comment

As long as them checks keep getting written, he gonna keep fighting.
          Hitmon Hitmon sidefx996 sidefx996 like this.

Comment

I think he wants to fight but doesn't want to lose anymore.
            Hitmon Hitmon landotter landotter like this.

Comment

From the opening bell he looked like he didn't wanna be there.

He always looks basic when not landing the right hand but he looked like a scared rabbit in the headlights here and never snapped out of it.
              Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

“I don’t think Deontay Wilder wants to fight anymore. I think that was the last time we see Deontay Wilder.”

For boxing's sake and Deontay, let's hope that this is true. No more Deontay "loafer" fights, please. I can't remember any fighter whose last fight was as bad as Wilder's. Not only the result, but the lack of effort and desire. Deontay "checked out" long before the first bell and he needs to stay "checked out" for good.

Comment

Derek Chisora with a l,000 losses shouldn't fight anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                    From the opening bell he looked like he didn't wanna be there.

He always looks basic when not landing the right hand but he looked like a scared rabbit in the headlights here and never snapped out of it.
                    This is how I saw it.

People talk about his skill level and being gun shy but all you could really see if you didnt know him was a bloke running away trying not to get chinned.

He was frightened.

You cannot for a second question his heart and desire in that Fury trilogy but he's had a long time to ruminate on that and ruminate on that with £100 mill in the bank.

I don't think he will fight again.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-04-2024, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X