Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite current heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, when it comes to the modern Heavyweights ; it's all about Vitali Klitschko, and Eddie Chambers.

Wladimir and David Tua also get a nod from me.

Comment

Tua and a very nice comeback to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
        john ruiz....
        Hey Tua,

saw the Iole mailbag. he hates tuaman. labeled him a fraud.

WHERE’S TUA RESULT
        Just a quick question on the David Tua-Shane Cameron fight. Why no mention of it at all on Yahoo! Sports? I could not find a single article. Is this fight so far off the radar that it doesn’t matter? The winner potentially has a chance at a title fight in the future.

Dustin
        Wellington, New Zealand

Yes, it was so far off the radar it didn’t matter. Outside of New Zealand, frankly, no one cared, Dustin. And though I like “The Tuaman” a tremendous amount personally, it would be a fraud if he were ever to set foot in the ring in a world championship match again.
        Kevin Iole covers boxing and mixed martial arts for Yahoo! Sports. Send Kevin a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Comment

David Haye, although I'm definitely with everyone who says he doesn't fight often enough. Fair enough, injuries and postponements happen to the best of fighters, but Haye's inactivity over the last 2 years has been a bit much.
          Vitali's KO ratio is really impressive and I was really impressed with his movement and workrate against Arreola.
          As far as newcomers go, I like watching Tom Dallas and Manuel Charr and hope their careers progress well.

Comment

Originally posted by AngloArab View Post
            David Haye, although I'm definitely with everyone who says he doesn't fight often enough. Fair enough, injuries and postponements happen to the best of fighters, but Haye's inactivity over the last 2 years has been a bit much.
            Vitali's KO ratio is really impressive and I was really impressed with his movement and workrate against Arreola.
            As far as newcomers go, I like watching Tom Dallas and Manuel Charr and hope their careers progress well.
            So this guy you just made a ton of excuses for is your favorite????
            Weak. Why is he your favorite? In no possible way could itbe for the following reasons: ( this is for all haye fans)

1) he takes on all comers in his division and strives to be the best hw put there
            2) he fights consistently and has proven himself as a hw.
            3) he kos all kinds of hw's
            4) his style is athletically head and shoulders above all other hw's
            5) he has the biggest heart in the hw division and isn't scared to fight anyone
            6) he has a great defensive style and is untoucheable or has an extremly high ring iq.

You have a crush on haye. He is a joke
            Last edited by Walt Liquor; 10-08-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko and James Toney... Yea they arent the best we've ever seen but as of CURRENT I like them

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                So this guy you just made a ton of excuses for is your favorite????
                Weak. Why is he your favorite? In no possible way could itbe for the following reasons: ( this is for all haye fans)

1) he takes on all comers in his division and strives to be the best hw put there
                2) he fights consistently and has proven himself as a hw.
                3) he kos all kinds of hw's
                4) his style is athletically head and shoulders above all other hw's
                5) he has the biggest heart in the hw division and isn't scared to fight anyone
                6) he has a great defensive style and is untoucheable or has an extremly high ring iq.

You have a crush on haye. He is a joke
                He's quick, hard-hitting, entertaining, has good mic skills and shows up in shape. He rebounded well after his loss to Thompson and he went for the fights the fans wanted to see. He knocked out Mormeck in Mormeck's backyard and then destroyed Enzo in a unification bout. Yes, he's slowed down his activity since officially moving to heavy, but I think he'll be forgiven for that if he impresses against Valuev whom he's facing on foreign soil.

Comment

Arreola even though he is probably never gonna be world champ, but if id have to go with someone else, the Hayemaker baby!

Comment

Eddie Chambers.

Comment

Wlad.....and yes the black guy likes Wlad!!

Comment

Working...
                      X