Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr. On Chris Colbert Getting KO'd: "He Got His Ass Scorched"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colbert never wanted the rematch. He was forced into it by PBC, and he couldn't do anything about it. PBC's main guy is Valenzuela.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He didn’t want it enough too, I always felt he could’ve fought in at least a division below. He was what? Like 5”4 with a short reach and slim frame? Yet he was still beating good fighters at 126. He was so f***ing inactive too. That really plagued his career man.
      Yeah plenty of fighters with hand issues still fought frequently, Paulie, Floyd, Calzaghe he was I suppose getting decent paydays for fighting TBAs once a year or two and that was enough for him.

Comment

One thing i know about this game is this. When you are good , and GRJ is/was good and you do not bring a lot of $$$ to the table , more times than not, you will be avoided like the plague. Slice it anyway you want but it is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post

Yeah plenty of fighters with hand issues still fought frequently, Paulie, Floyd, Calzaghe he was I suppose getting decent paydays for fighting TBAs once a year or two and that was enough for him.
          Yeah became content very quickly, lost the hunger, motivation, drive etc.

Comment

Originally posted by WarVeteranO01 View Post
            Colbert is no Lightweight. These current lightweights put on a lot after rehydrating. Rayo, Muratalla, Tank & Shakur have to be in the high 150s maybe low 160s walking into the ring. Colbert needs to move back down.
            Tank does not fit in this category. Have no idea why you think he does

Comment

Dam, dude went night night.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                One thing i know about this game is this. When you are good , and GRJ is/was good and you do not bring a lot of $$$ to the table , more times than not, you will be avoided like the plague. Slice it anyway you want but it is that simple.
                I mean… no offense but your statement is also ‘slicing it any way you want’

he never seemed to be vocal about making fights happen… and when he did fight, it was against no hopers.

I don’t think he was avoided, he didn’t seem to ever push the issue to stay active.
                real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jqSide View Post
                  Colbert never wanted the rematch. He was forced into it by PBC, and he couldn't do anything about it. PBC's main guy is Valenzuela.
                  At LW? Valenzuela isn't even in the top 3 with PBC. You have Santos, Davis and Cruz who would violate him. Santos has already done so with only days to prepare. You wouldn't like to know what he does with a full camp. Sorry, but Valenzuela is shlt. Beating a fighter who shouldn't even be at that weight proves nothing. Colbert is far too small to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He didn’t want it enough too, I always felt he could’ve fought in at least a division below. He was what? Like 5”4 with a short reach and slim frame? Yet he was still beating good fighters at 126. He was so f***ing inactive too. That really plagued his career man.
                    Yeah the inactivity was down to like I said due to the bad hands he has so coudnt fight often for the past 6-7 years because of it which he explained in the past but yeah I felt like when he could fight he should of took on better challengers
                    ​​​​​ and opponents at 122-126 even at 130. But was content doing what he was doing and so he's had a so so career and had the talent to do better

Comment

Typical Brooklyn fighter who runs his mouth. Tyson, Breland, Zab, Colbert aka Mr. Pink Hair. Soon as they find themselves in the deep end, they tend to flounder. If Colbert can't beat Valenzuela, he has no business at 135 because the the waters only get choppier.

Comment

Working...
                      X