Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Next Fight Targeted For May, Likely WBC Mandatory Defense Versus Luis Nery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    It will be cool to see an undisputed, unified champion defend the belts. Rather than drop them all and move up in weight.

Luis Nery is a tougher opponent than Tapales in my opinion.
    Who is even the last person to defend undisputed? Usyk against Bellew?

EDIT - Nvm. pretty sure it was Haney/Loma

Comment

Sounds like fun to me. I enjoy watching Nery. If Inoue is going to be there for a minute, he should fight Figueroa too.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Nery's fight with the Armenian was a brutal fight that takes years off a boxer's career, not to mention being knocked out by previously in a beat down. Can't see this fight being competitive for more than a few rounds.
        Last edited by richardt; 12-26-2023, 03:25 PM.
        juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Canelo - Charlo

Comment

Canelo defended undisputed twice this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Why not Bam Rodriguez vs Inoue from 3 weight classes lighter? Both are #1, both hold mutliple belts. That would be a good fight to you right? Like Canelo-Crawford?

Or do you only find that kind of thing passable for Canelo like you do when you label him "likely clean" and others "assuredly on PEDs"?
              Bam won’t fight Chocolatito because they are both promoted by Mr. Honda. Guess who also promotes Inoue? Don’t be a dumbass, Dan…think before you run your mouth.
              Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

Canelo defended undisputed twice this year.
                My bad. Forgot about that.

Comment

Bam won’t fight Chocolatito because they are both promoted by Mr. Honda. Guess who also promotes Inoue? Don’t be a dumbass, Dan…think before you run your mouth.
                  Inoue isn't promoted by Mr. Honda (He's with Ohashi) but I don't understand the ppl saying Bam should jump from 112 to 122 to fight Inoue. Let him be great without making him jump 3 divisons.
                  Last edited by _Rexy_; 12-26-2023, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Inoue isn't promoted by Mr. Honda (He's with Ohashi) but I don't understand the ppl saying Bam should jump from 112 to 122 to fight Inoue. Let him be great without making him jump 3 divisons.
                    Ohashi is his manager, Mr. Honda is his co-promoter along with Top Rank.

Comment

Ohashi is his manager, Mr. Honda is his co-promoter along with Top Rank.
                      News to me, he's never fought on a Teiken card. Not gonna argue over it here, but I'm pretty sure Tsutsumi is a Honda fighter, which is why it was co promoted today.

But if Honda is part of the Top Rank deal, I didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                      X