Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Naoya Inoue, Marlon Tapales - Set For Undisputed Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

That’s exactly what it is, though.

Crawford and Inoue are typically ranked 1A and 1B after they beat Spence and Fulton. So you’re saying that beating Tapales is what is going to separate Inoue and put him over the top.
    I'm saying that beating Tapales in an undisputed fight does, context matters. TC from last Dec to this Dec fought Spence and Avanesyan. Very strong showing of course for a solid #2 spot but Inoue going for his second undisputed in the same time frame puts him over. That's my opinion though and anyone can have their own

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post

I'm saying that beating Tapales in an undisputed fight does, context matters. TC from last Dec to this Dec fought Spence and Avanesyan. Very strong showing of course for a solid #2 spot but Inoue going for his second undisputed in the same time frame puts him over. That's my opinion though and anyone can have their own
      No problem with you having an opinion. Just challenging it a little.

So Inoue would be undisputed and Crawford is undisputed too. The only difference between them would be that Inoue will have had one more fight…against Tapales.

Comment

No problem with you having an opinion. Just challenging it a little.

So Inoue would be undisputed and Crawford is undisputed too. The only difference between them would be that Inoue will have had one more fight…against Tapales.
        In slightly more than one years time if Inoue wins which most expect he will, he will have gone 2X undisputed which in my mind would make him FOTY and p4p #1 should the performance be very dominant. Bud while impressive in dominating Spence to become undisputed doesn't compare.
        mev1 mev1 likes this.

Comment

What about Devin Haney for Fighter of the Year, though? He has two big wins this year also.

Would Fulton/Tapales be better than Lomachenko/Prograis?
          The Crawford/Inoue P4P argument put aside for a bit because I answered it already in a different thread a while ago, regarding the FotY given the way Haney got those wins do you really believe Haney deserves FotY?

In fact leaving Inoue completely out, if it is just comparing Haney's two wins vs Crawford's one win, which do you think is more deserving of FotY? Not which will win, but which one is worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
            The Crawford/Inoue P4P argument put aside for a bit because I answered it already in a different thread a while ago, regarding the FotY given the way Haney got those wins do you really believe Haney deserves FotY?

In fact leaving Inoue completely out, if it is just comparing Haney's two wins vs Crawford's one win, which do you think is more deserving of FotY? Not which will win, but which one is worth more.
            What was wrong with the way Haney got his wins? He won a tough, close fight against Lomachenko while weight drained and then put on a master class against Regis Prograis at a more natural weight for him.

Crawford’s one win against Spence was better in my opinion. But I also think that was more impressive than beating Fulton and Tapales will be.

Comment

What about Devin Haney for Fighter of the Year, though? He has two big wins this year also.

Would Fulton/Tapales be better than Lomachenko/Prograis?
              Yes. The Loma fight was very controversial, and he did not dominate that fight. And Prograis was a good win. But Inoue totally dominated Fulton, who was regarded the best in the weight class. And if he dominates another champion, that would be better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
                20-0 with 18 knockouts in world title fights" and going for his second undisputed within a year. If you don't think that Inoue should be at least 1 or 2 P4P, you need to reassess your boxing perspective. If he wins tomorrow, he's a lock for the #1 spot and Fighter of the Year IMO.
                What about if Tapales miraculously beat Inoue, I think Tapales gets the FotY award with upset wins (as heavy underdog) over 2 undefeated champions in MJ and Inoue...
                Last edited by SceneBoxer; 12-26-2023, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
                  What about if Tapales miraculously beat Inoue, I think Tapales gets the FotY award with upset wins (as heavy underdog) over 2 undefeated champions in MJ and Inoue...
                  If Tapales wins, he should unanimously win Fighter of the Year, Upset of the Year, and depending on how he wins against Inoue possibly even Fight of the Year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post

What about if Tapales miraculously beat Inoue, I think Tapales gets the FotY award with 2 upset wins (as heavy underdog) over MJ and Inoue...
                    nah bro that ish doesnt happen in real life

mj was coming off layoff. mj was already a huge step up for tamales and he was getting pummeled in the second half of the fight and his head swole like watermelon. if mj hadnt put too much rounds on dusting off his ring rust, tamales would've been stopped.

inoue is way more precise, better punch placement, more power, and have better IQ than mj.

tamales is easy food bro

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

nah bro that ish doesnt happen in real life

mj was coming off layoff. mj was already a huge step up for tamales and he was getting pummeled in the second half of the fight and his head swole like watermelon. if mj hadnt put too much rounds on dusting off his ring rust, tamales would've been stopped.

inoue is way more precise, better punch placement, more power, and have better IQ than mj.

tamales is easy food bro
                      Yes Bro it will be considered a miracle....

Comment

Working...
                      X