Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Think Canelo Is Willing To Take Those Risks Against Someone Like Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, the risk/reward for Benevidez has only recently entered favorable territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      So was Ryan Garcia when he fought Tank.
      You are right. Cross-promotional fight I see. It would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Morrell knows all about not taking those risks.

Morrell's Trainer On Fighting Benavidez Next: I Don't Wanna Rush Him Into Something

https://www.boxingscene.com/morrells...ething--166797
        I’m not understanding this comment. Morrell has NINE professional fights. What risks is he supposed to be taking? Lol

Comment

this is a type of scenario that tests A-siders, do they fight the guy whos deemed dangerous and going well now or do they find some excuses not to and marinate or avoid the fight altogether

a lot of them fail this test

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

I’m not understanding this comment. Morrell has NINE professional fights. What risks is he supposed to be taking? Lol
            Let me explain it a little.

Morrell is talking crap about Canelo not wanting to take a risk against Benavidez…while HIS own team advised Morrell not to take the risk against Benavidez when Benavidez came calling for a fight. That makes him look like a hypocrite.

And it doesn’t matter how many professional fights he has. Once you become a world champion you lose the right to use that as an excuse.

Comment

Morrell is right about Canelo. But what gives Morrell the right to criticize Canelo? He has to build up his name first before putting himself amongst great super middleweight fighters? In order for Canelo to beat Benavidez he would have to lose about 15 pounds to get lean so he could move like he used to. Otherwise Canelo without the needed movement would be a punching bad for Benavidez.

Comment

The fight will happen in September next year boys, watch. He is most likely going to fight Benavidez on his last fight with the PBC contract. Them two are both under the PBC banner, relatively easy to make.

If it doesn't happen, surely, a dodge?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  It’s a shame that canelo at 33 appears to be hesitant to take the risks that guys from 35-40 yrs old (such as Mosley, Floyd, Cotto, Ggg, and Kovalev) were willing to take vs him. If they weren’t, his career wouldn’t be where it’s at today as his resume would be merely average to barely above average without those names.
                  Thats why he is not beloved by Mexicans, they know he is really a diva, and not a true mexican warrior. The only dangerous fight he ever took was against GGG and even then he aged him out and got him at the right time. Then fights him at 40 hoping to beat him up and he still couldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

Thats why he is not beloved by Mexicans, they know he is really a diva, and not a true mexican warrior. The only dangerous fight he ever took was against GGG and even then he aged him out and got him at the right time. Then fights him at 40 hoping to beat him up and he still couldn't do it.
                    Not true. He is loved by the Mexican community. If you look at his sold out stadiums, they are filled with fans of Mexican heritage. Heck even repping the flag in his fights.

Of course not every Mexican gets behind and is a fan of him, but you can't have the whole world cheering for you, that is too unrealistic.

Comment

Canelo is up for it for sure, just look at who he has fought why wouldn't he fight benavidez?

Comment

Working...
                      X