Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Premier Boxing Champions, Amazon Prime Announce Multi-Year Rights Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No PBC fights until March.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post

I didn't know PBC was a sport...

You meant boxing fans maybe?
      oh, there are PBC fans. They don't like watching boxing on an app.
      ifc ifc jonnyc420 jonnyc420 like this.

Comment

Wonder if PBC will continue to put everything on PPV or if this will allow more fights to stream for the cost of the subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
          how do PBC fans feel about watching boxing on an app?
          I watched it via Hulu for the last few years as is, no one in their right mind has cable anymore. I’ve had Amazon a while now. I have about 5 big screen smart TVs in and outside my home including the backyard underneath the covered deck. The problem isn’t watching it on an app, the problem is many pbc fans didn’t want to throw in their lot with Eddie Hearn back in 2018 when he came as the representative for dazn. Had dazn presented itself with a different face, a more diplomatic face, a face that sought to bring everyone on bard rather than out pbc out of business while claiming the “American takeover”, I strongly believe boxing in the USA would look differently than it does now. Regarding Amazon, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have it and most of the people I know are 50-70 years of age and are American, British, Irish. I don’t know how this amazon deal will turn out, but it gives boxing a much larger reach than it had yesterday. Comparing Amazon to dazn is like comparing the the SAS to the Girl Scouts.

Comment

Originally posted by TelMex View Post
            Wonder if PBC will continue to put everything on PPV or if this will allow more fights to stream for the cost of the subscription.
            I heard 12-14 non ppv fights fights a year. Don't quote me on it though.

Comment

I really hope thats not the case here with PBC now joining Amazon. They should leave ppv system for the big ones only.everything else on reg sub. Well at least they have a broadcaster now. Thats a good thing.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

I was wondering the same. Had Prime for the last 6 years. Hopefully every supposed BIG fight isn't on ppv or I'll do what I've been doing and stream the sh.it.
                I did finally buy a ppv after over 10 years....the Bud annihilation of Errl, which was worth every penny!

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

I heard 12-14 non ppv fights fights a year. Don't quote me on it though.
                  Hope that's true. Otherwise, what's the point of signing all these fighters who come out once a year for a ppv tomato can?

Comment

Good to hear. Just hope Haymon doesn't f*** it up again.

Comment

Get ready for DRASTIC pay decreases PBC minions.... Fighters are defecting left and right = Saudi Arabia... This is a smoke and mirrors announcement from PBC

Comment

Working...
                      X