Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Deontay Wilder Knocks Anthony Joshua Spark Out in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post

This era is even weaker than Klitschko's. The fact that Andy Ruiz even held a title is a disgrace. John Ruiz beats him and Joshua on the same night. And of course, Toney beat John Ruiz with scores of 116–111, 116-111 and 115–112 (knocking him down in the 7th).
    You can keep repeating that Toney has a win over John Ruiz but he doesn’t.

The notion that John Ruiz could compete with AJ is laughable.

Toney doesn’t win a round against AJ and beats no one in the current Top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

You can keep repeating that Toney has a win over John Ruiz but he doesn’t.

The notion that John Ruiz could compete with AJ is laughable.

Toney doesn’t win a round against AJ and beats no one in the current Top 10.
      Joshua misses all night from long range, and gets lured into an inside fight.....where he has no chance against Toney. You know AJ is a fraud. This is the weakest era of heavyweight boxing.

Comment

Joshua misses all night from long range, and gets lured into an inside fight.....where he has no chance against Toney. You know AJ is a fraud. This is the weakest era of heavyweight boxing.
        Again just nothing but pure fantasy and delusion.

When has Toney ever made a top, elite level fighter miss all night from long range? Let alone at Heavyweight?

AJ might be a fraud, I don’t rate him highly in the grand scheme of things. But he’s still a top, elite HW. Toney did nothing in his career to suggest he’d beat someone with that description.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Why are so many people rating Parker?

Parker will get sparked inside 4 rounds with zero success of his own
          Because Parker is a proven top-10 HW. Will be Wilder's first win against one since old man Ortiz.

I believe Wilder wins but he has a confidence problem if nothing else... OR he has *found out* in sparring.... guy seems to be scared of top-10 fighters for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Because Parker is a proven top-10 HW. Will be Wilder's first win against one since old man Ortiz.

I believe Wilder wins but he has a confidence problem if nothing else... OR he has *found out* in sparring.... guy seems to be scared of top-10 fighters for some reason.
            Fury has the same problem tbh he's only really fought Wilder and whyte since his win over wlad and had 10 fights since that fight too which is pretty bad

Even stiverne is better than anyone fury fought outside of those fighters I mentioned

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Again just nothing but pure fantasy and delusion.

When has Toney ever made a top, elite level fighter miss all night from long range? Let alone at Heavyweight?

AJ might be a fraud, I don’t rate him highly in the grand scheme of things. But he’s still a top, elite HW. Toney did nothing in his career to suggest he’d beat someone with that description.
              I'm guessing you also had AJ beating Usyk, as well. Right? No way a smaller man could beat the giant AJ. Weak era!

Comment

Dude, nobody is talking about the Klitschko era. Did you just start watching boxing in 2000s? As we all know, less big men are going into boxing these days, opting to go into sports that don't involve getting hit in the face.. The talent pool is shallower than it has ever been. Boxing is a fringe sport. The talent pool reflects it.
                I've been in boxing for decades, sir. (You never know who you're apt to meet on these boards, which makes it nessisary to contemplate the substance of what people post).
                I have no cause to go on about my "credentials", as I beleive that to be vulgar. Instead, just listen to how I deliver concepts. You'll get it. I have faith in YOU.

Total active players
                NFL. 1696
                NBA. 450
                NHL. 1123
                MLB. 945
                MMA* 236

Total....4,440

(*Heavyweights active during 2023 through Dec. 1)

Now I don't know if you live in Thailand, where it is fairly rare to find a fighter at Rajadamnern or Lumpinee weighing over 140 lbs., but in much of the world there are millions of strong, athletic heavyweights. Taking 4,440 from their ranks provides zero impact on the sport of boxing.

The shinking testosterone levels, well; that's another discussion all together. Lol.

Now, I don't know how you might define a "Fringe Sport", or how you explain the big money and international interest, or the Muhammad Ali level of world wide fame vs. Any Soccer player you can name; but here's a little light reading that should make your opinions better:

https://*********.com/who-says-boxing-is-dead/129354

"Hardcore boxing fans tend to gnash their teeth at the recent spate of exhibitions featuring former boxing legends, MMA fighters competing in boxing matches, combination boxing/Verzuz events, and Internet “influencers” squaring off in the ring. But there is a very bright side.

In the most recent Harris Poll, boxing now ranks as the fourth most-popular sport in the United States, behind only football, baseball, and basketball. And ahead of MMA. Ahead of ice hockey. Ahead of soccer. Ahead of tennis. Ahead of golf.

This is rather startling considering boxing wasn’t even in the top ten previously. And perhaps even more shocking is the fact that boxing is no longer just your grandfather’s favorite sport. Young people are flocking to the sweet science, even preferring boxing to baseball!

There is a market for celebrity boxing. Obviously, these match-ups aren’t high level, but they can be entertaining. And they’re clearly attracting a new audience to the fight game.

And, the more people interested in watching boxing at any level, the better it is for the sport".
                Last edited by Willow The Wisp; 12-07-2023, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing you also had AJ beating Usyk, as well. Right? No way a smaller man could beat the giant AJ. Weak era!
                  Not seeing the logical comparison there.

Usyk is the greatest Crusierweight of all time bar none and is now a proven elite HW.

Toney had 1 competitive win at CW Vs one of the weakest title holders there ever and his HW resume is total garbage.

Almost polar opposite to Usyk.

So I’d try again.

Comment

• The British hate for Anthony Joshua is unreal. Why do the British hate all of their star athletes? You don't just see this in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

I've been in boxing for decades, sir. (You never know who you're apt to meet on these boards, which makes it nessisary to contemplate the substance of what people post).
                      I have no cause to go on about my "credentials", as I beleive that to be vulgar. Instead, just listen to how I deliver concepts. You'll get get it. I have faith in YOU.

Total active players
                      NFL. 1696
                      NBA. 450
                      NHL. 1123
                      MLB. 945
                      MMA* 236

Total....4,440

(*Heavyweights active during 2023 through Dec. 1)

Now I don't know if you live in Thailand, where it is fairly rare to find a fighter at Rajadamnern or Lumpinee weighing over 140 lbs., but in much of the world there are millions of strong, athletic heavyweights. Taking 4,440 from their ranks provides zero impact on the sport of boxing.

The shinking testosterone levels, well; that's another discussion all together. Lol.

Now, I don't know how you might define a "Fringe Sport", or how you explain the big money and international interest, or the Muhammad Ali level of world wide fame vs. Any Soccer player you can name; but he's a little light reading that should make your opinions better:

https://*********.com/who-says-boxing-is-dead/129354

"Hardcore boxing fans tend to gnash their teeth at the recent spate of exhibitions featuring former boxing legends, MMA fighters competing in boxing matches, combination boxing/Verzuz events, and Internet “influencers” squaring off in the ring. But there is a very bright side.

In the most recent Harris Poll, boxing now ranks as the fourth most-popular sport in the United States, behind only football, baseball, and basketball. And ahead of MMA. Ahead of ice hockey. Ahead of soccer. Ahead of tennis. Ahead of golf.

This is rather startling considering boxing wasn’t even in the top ten previously. And perhaps even more shocking is the fact that boxing is no longer just your grandfather’s favorite sport. Young people are flocking to the sweet science, even preferring boxing to baseball!

There is a market for celebrity boxing. Obviously, these match-ups aren’t high level, but they can be entertaining. And they’re clearly attracting a new audience to the fight game.

And, the more people interested in watching boxing at any level, the better it is for the sport".

so then you know this is a weak era for heavyweights. Did you hear yourself? "Name a better era in the last 30 years." The last 30 years at heavyweight have ******, as you know. I don't know why you're defending it.

Comment

Working...
                      X