Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: I'm Not Gonna Lie, This Fight Was Scarier Than Fighting Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Wasn't Ryan a stepping stone for Tank. Plus give him a rehydration clause, send a mole to his camp, and bring him weight as much possible.
    No, he wasn't. He called out Tank and got the answer that there were levels to this ish.

Comment

Tank took that azz

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

No, he wasn't. He called out Tank and got the answer that there were levels to this ish.
        Levels, that's why they brought him down in weight, gave him a rehydration clause, sent a mole to his camp. WEAK Sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

Yea you got that right ....... the end is nearer then we think.
          Meh. I just think fighters are overpaid. This isn’t 2003. Everybody has a way of streaming stuff illegally. Where top guys were almost guaranteed 1M PPV buys before without even having to fight a truly interesting opponent (Floyd, Pac, Canelo) , nowadays that is not the case by a long shot. Purses need to reduce. And this goes for even the prime time network TV fights. You can’t expect ESPN to offer 4m to a top fighter to fight a tomato can on their network and then expect the same guy to accept 7m to fight someone elite on PPV. Of course they are going to scoff at that. The tone needs to be set on DAZN, ESPN, and whatever other network chooses to air fights where the payout is proportionate to the event. Streaming ain’t going nowhere. I don’t saw this with burning CDs 20 years ago, so the adjustment needs to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Levels, that's why they brought him down in weight, gave him a rehydration clause, sent a mole to his camp. WEAK Sheet.
            Sure, buddy. We saw him fight at 140 and he was completely shyt. Just giving his @ss to Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Sure, buddy. We saw him fight at 140 and he was completely shyt. Just giving his @ss to Oscar.
              I know Tank only fights Bums, that's why he picked Ryan. WEAK.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

Meh. I just think fighters are overpaid. This isn’t 2003. Everybody has a way of streaming stuff illegally. Where top guys were almost guaranteed 1M PPV buys before without even having to fight a truly interesting opponent (Floyd, Pac, Canelo) , nowadays that is not the case by a long shot. Purses need to reduce. And this goes for even the prime time network TV fights. You can’t expect ESPN to offer 4m to a top fighter to fight a tomato can on their network and then expect the same guy to accept 7m to fight someone elite on PPV. Of course they are going to scoff at that. The tone needs to be set on DAZN, ESPN, and whatever other network chooses to air fights where the payout is proportionate to the event. Streaming ain’t going nowhere. I don’t saw this with burning CDs 20 years ago, so the adjustment needs to be made.
                i listen to as close to the original as possible and that would be Vinyl Records it has a sound quality that can not be matched. And if they the promoters and the platforms cared about boxing they would work out to have fights on TV and fights that did not cost what they want to get for them. There are untold numbers of fighters out there who can make a fight card there are ways to keep the sport of boxing alive but it is close to death now. PPV so called events and boxing that answer's to no one but boxing (itself) and all its greedy little gimmicks is doing it into a few followers who belive what is written and not what is plane for most to see...........Get back to the original stop believing that junk that this is how it should be. Simple Boycott of two PPV events and maybe three other types and it would get them to look at their product and change there minds. Not going to happen i know but who drives boxing ? Fight Fans drive boxing but get them to see it and use that drive and it goes silent.

Comment

Much scarier. When Ryan accepted the catchweight and rehydration clause, he accepted a high probability of losing. Losing isn't so bad with a built in excuse and a really really big check. Even losing is winning

lose to a career 135 pounder at your own fcked up catchweight and that's a career disaster

Comment

Working...
                  X