Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White Shreds Reports of Misfits Doing Big PPV Numbers: They're Lying Motherf----rs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes one to know one...

Comment

I hope not it’s pure undiluted shyte

Comment

Originally posted by 50knicks View Post

It’s possible just check sky’s numbers for ppv boxing over the year like Joshua v Klitschko
        I was surprised there was any 1mil+ buys in the UK too. But from my cursory Google they've all involved AJ, Haye or Hatton. Who are all way more famous to your average British sports fan.

Maybe I'm way off but more than 1 in 65 of the population, many of whom are kids (his main audience) both wanted to watch boxing and managed to pay for a PPV from a rookie promotional outfit? In numbers comparable to those guys who are/were huge names in fights that gots tons of press coverage? I doubt it very, very much.

Comment

So now he knows PPV numbers in boxing are severely exaggerated.
          This is the same guy who nearly sued Showtime Espinoza for allegedly lying
          about the Gregor/May fight PPV buys. (White was involved in selling the fight.)

He's saying if they're profitable, why then is Showtime exiting boxing? He's right on that.

Comment

Dana White knows exactly how hard it is to sell PPVs in sports.

Comment

Working...
            X